Terms of Sale
JOBS ON WASHINGTONPOST.COM
TERMS OF SALE
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BEFORE USING THE JOBS SERVICE (the "Service"). THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLY TO ALL ADVERTISING (E.G., JOB POSTINGS AND LISTINGS) ON THE SERVICE.
BY CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICE, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
This Agreement is entered into by and between WP Company LLC d/b/a The Washington Post and you (“you”, “your”).
1. The Washington Post reserves the right to edit, revise or reject any advertising.
2. The Washington Post shall be under no liability whatsoever by reason of error, including any translation error, for which it may be responsible in any advertisement beyond liability to give the advertiser or advertising agency credit for as much of the space occupied by the advertisement as is materially affected by the error. We shall not be liable to you for any technical malfunction, computer error or loss of data or other injury, damage or disruption to advertisements, web sites or the washingtonpost.com/jobs service.
3. The Washington Post does not guarantee any given level of readership or reach for an advertisement.
4. The advertiser (and advertising agency, if any) assume liability for all content (including text representation and illustrations) of advertisements published and also assume responsibility for any claims arising therefrom made against The Washington Post, including costs associated with defending against such a claim.
5. All placement or positions are at the option of The Washington Post. In no event will adjustments, reinstatements or refunds be made because of the position in which an advertisement has been published. The Washington Post will seek to comply with position requests, but cannot guarantee that they will be followed. Payment of a premium position fee does not guarantee positioning. Customer service representatives and Account Managers are not authorized to modify this provision or to guarantee positioning on behalf of The Washington Post.
6. The Washington Post shall be under no liability for its failure for any cause to insert an advertisement.
7. The Washington Post reserves the right to convert all advertisements into audio-text formats within other Washington Post products. You grant us permission to copy, extract, process and republish for your benefit any and all content that you make available to us that may be under copyright protection. You grant to us the worldwide royalty-free right to sublicense and otherwise distribute your advertising to any third party in any medium whatsoever to further the intent of these terms of sale.
8. The advertiser or advertising agency shall pay the cost of composition of advertisements set but not used.
9. The advertiser (and agency) may not resell any advertising or advertising space.
10. Charges for changes (not corrections) from original layout and copy will be based on current composition rates.
11. The Washington Post will not be responsible for errors appearing in advertisements that are placed too late for proofs to be submitted or for errors due to delivery of materials past deadlines.
12. Advertisers are responsible for checking the accuracy of the proofs they request or the ads they submit. The advertiser should carefully check the entire ad proof, including areas in which changes or corrections were not requested.
13. Cancellations, changes of insertion dates and/or corrections must conform to deadlines.
14. Cancellations or changes cannot be guaranteed in advertising between the time the ad is ordered and the initial publication.
15. Claims for errors must be made within 30 days following publication date.
16. All referral ads must be complete ads with point of contact clearly indicated.
17. On advertising where credit is allowed, monthly accounts are due and payable on or before the fifteenth (15th) of the month following publication, and in the case of weekly accounts, payments are due and payable net fourteen (14) days from the statement date. When any part of an account for advertising becomes delinquent, then the entire amount owed shall become due and payable and The Washington Post may refuse to publish further advertising. In this event, the advertiser or agency shall pay for advertising space actually used according to the rate earned at the time of the delinquency.
18. Extension of credit to advertising agencies is based on the agency’s acceptance of sole liability for all advertising placed by it and billed to its account. No endorsement, statement or disclaimer on any insertion order, check or letter shall act as an accord or satisfaction, or as a waiver of this condition unless and until it is accepted by The Washington Post by a separate written agreement signed by a duly authorized representative of The Washington Post. In the event of nonpayment of any agency account, prior to referring said account for third party collections, The Washington Post reserves the right to contact the agency’s client(s), as disclosed principal(s), for payment. If the outstanding balance is still not satisfied, The Washington Post may proceed with collections against both the agency and its client(s). No such action on the part of The Washington Post shall relieve the agency of liability for the debt.
19. Payment of all undisputed invoices must be made within Washington Post terms.
20. There will be a $25.00 charge for any check not honored by the bank. Returned checks must be replaced with certified/cashier/wire transfer funds within 48 hours of notification. The Washington Post reserves the right to withhold further advertising pending receipt of replacement funds.
21. In the event an account is referred to a third party for collection, the advertiser agrees to pay collection and/or attorney fees, as well as court costs incurred to effect collection.
22. Payment of account is not dependent upon receipt of tearsheets or other proof of publication, either physical or electronic.
23. Incorrect rates on insertion orders that do not correspond to the rate card will be regarded as clerical errors and the advertisements will be published and charged at the applicable rates in effect at time of publication.
24. Insertion orders are accepted by The Washington Post subject to the foregoing terms and conditions. Terms, conditions, rates or agreements not set forth herein or in then-current rate schedules are not binding on The Washington Post. Customer service representatives and Account Managers are not authorized to modify these terms and conditions.