Financial Management & Counseling Services (FMCS) Program Manager (Full-time, Contractual)
Main Purpose Of Job
This position serves as the sole Program Manager for the Financial Management and Counseling Services (FMCS) contract. The Program Manager will report to the Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), with a dotted line to the Office of Long Term Services and Supports (OLTSS) . This position is responsible for onboarding, transitioning, and quality oversight of the FMCS contract and will provide day-to-day oversight of the FMCS vendor. FMCS includes billing and claims, Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) per the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) guidelines, and consulting and training for individuals that are self-directing their services.
FMCS are provided for various home and community-based services. The DDA operated Medicaid waiver programs include Family Supports, Community Supports, and Community Pathways. These three programs are designed to provide integrated support services to participants and their families, which enable participants to work toward self-determination, independence, productivity, integration and inclusion in all facets of the community across their lifespans. OLTSS operates the Community First Choice (CFC) and Community Personal Assistance Services (CPAS) waiver programs. The CFC and CPAS programs are designed to provide Medicaid eligible individuals with community supports and services to help enable people with disabilities to receive services in their homes and communities.
In support of the DDA and OLTSS, this position will manage the transition, service implementation of contract requirements including but not limited to the following:
- Onboarding new vendors;
- Transitioning coordination and management including: information and education for stakeholders; provider knowledge transfer including employee, vendor and provider qualification documentation; transfer of employer related items including completion of Employer Appointment of Agent form, IRS Form 2678; and risk factors;
- Readiness Review for all vendors prior to the commencement of the contract;
- Counseling services;
- Fiscal management services;
- Review of employment materials and Participant Employer Handbooks prepared by the vendor prior to distribution to participants and stakeholders;
- Validate vendor has a functional Customer Service System in place to effectively serve participants and associates as well as updated FMCS websites and portals to provide readily available program information;
- Confirm the vendor has implemented an Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) system that records self-directed services;
- Quality Assurance (QA) including performance audits and satisfaction surveys;
- Provide clear program guidance for vendors after collaboration with internal team members;
- Review deliverables required by vendors on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- Develop corrective action plans (CAP) for QA performance measures that fall below the established thresholds outlined in the contract or unfavorable audit findings identified during an internal or external audit;
- Participate in or lead stakeholder meetings in concert with DDA and OLTSS representatives;
- Monitor participant appeals to identify opportunities to improve the program through vendor training, program guidance, etc.;
- Maintain vendor contact information including a list of higher level authorities;
- Confirm key staffing requirements as outlined in the contract for each vendor and review a vendor’s submission for substitutions for key positions as applicable;
- Report misuse of authorized funds immediately to representatives with DDA and OLTSS;
- Request Ad HOC reports from vendors as necessary to ascertain contract compliance and integrity.
Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and Six (6) years of professional experience in health or human services, three (3) years of which must have been at the managerial and/or supervisory level as a project manager. Qualified candidates should be familiar with the PM-BOK. PMP certification preferred.
A Master’s degree will substitute for one year of general experience. A Doctorate will substitute for two years general experience. Additional experience will substitute year-for-year for the college degree.
All applications must be submitted online by the closing date.
Apply to Recruitment#: 22-005477-0016