Website Content Manager (Administrator I) Full-time, Contractual
Main Purpose Of Job
This position reports directly to the Assistant Secretary of Customer Experience. The position is a dedicated person responsible for overseeing the organization, creation, and publishing of content from the Maryland Department of Health stakeholders. This position serves as the Department’s information architect to ensure that the mission of the Assistant Secretary of Customer Experience is being delivered to provide seamless, transparent and ease of use to the Department’s customers both internally and externally.
This position works closely with the Assistant Secretary of Customer Experience and the various Website Content Owners and Editors of MDH to develop content that is valuable to their desired target audience. This position is accountable for the timely completion of tasks, updates and service coordination with stakeholders. This position ensures that the brand identity of MDH is properly adhered. This job involves overseeing content strategies to engage customers and ensure that they have a positive view of MDH and its portfolio of services. The position will use information, such as metrics and statistics about the target customers' demographics and preferences by their web encounters and behaviors. This position is responsible for delegating and coordinating with the various stakeholders across the department, ensuring that policy, processes and guidelines are being followed. This position serves as a consultant, providing guidance and advice for the various stakeholders designing, submitting, editing and ultimately governing their Administration, Office and/or Boards web content.
This position manages granting approval and removal of stakeholder access privileges to create and publish content. This position analyzes content consumption data to provide input to the prioritization of enhancements, innovation and user experience enhancement. This position shall research and examine information and data accuracy to maintain a single source of truth. This position conducts periodic reviews and audits of orphan users, sites, pages and documents, duplicate content and makes recommendations for site cleanup. This position is familiar with Sharepoint, SEO tactics, design, marketing and branding. This position manages granting approval and removal of stakeholder access privileges to create and publish content. This position analyzes content consumption data to provide input to the prioritization of enhancements, innovation and user experience enhancement. This position shall research and examine information and data accuracy to maintain a single source of truth.
Experience: Eight years of experience in administrative staff or professional work.
1. Candidates may substitute the possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university and four years of experience in administrative staff or professional work for the required experience.
2. Candidates may substitute additional graduate level education at an accredited college or university at the rate of 30 credit hours on a year-for-year basis for the required experience.
3. Candidates may substitute U.S. Armed Forces military service experience as a commissioned officer involving staff work related to the administration of rules, regulations, policy, procedures and processes, or overseeing or coordinating unit operations or functioning as a staff assistant to a higher ranking commissioned officer on a year-for- year basis for the required experience.
DESIRED OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Preferred candidates should possess the following:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in English, marketing, communication, or journalism;
- Professional experience creating website content; and,
- Professional experience creating effective content for specific audiences and meeting deadlines.
All applications must be submitted online by March 3, 2022, at 11:59:00 PM.
Apply to Recruitment#: 22-002586-0004