The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) seeks a Human Resources Coordinator to provide support in HR operations including recruiting, field office operations and appointment renewals. The incumbent will also assist with activities that support HR departmental and organizational objectives.
This is a one-year, full-time, exempt, renewable appointment based in IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Draft offer and change letters for locally recruited positions.
- Complete relevant personnel action forms for new hires and changes.
- Provide support for IFPRI’s international recruitment function including advertising, scheduling interviews, assisting with logistics for candidate seminars, and conducting reference checks.
- Assist with the HR functions of hosted staff including recruitment, performance management, appointment renewals, etc. by communicating in a timely manner with relevant external HR partners.
- Track hosting agreements in Excel and follow up on expirations/amendments.
- Serve as a backup for the recruiting coordinator on recruitment, field operations and appointment renewals, as well as payment processing activities.
- Take and share minutes from HR Meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with creating and updating field office related documents (HR field operations manual, employee handbooks, orientation and exit documents, etc.)
- Assist with streamlining processes within IFPRI stand-alone offices and assure compliance with IFPRI standards and requirements.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy of field office staff records.
- Take and share minutes from International HR liaison calls.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field and 2 years relevant experience; or Associates degree plus five years of relevant professional experience.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated analytical, creative and communication skills.
- Fast learner and a demonstrated proactive approach to HR delivery, with a strong service-orientation.
- Ability to work as an active, collaborative and participatory member of a human resources team.
- Ability to multitask under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Experience with Taleo or applicant tracking systems
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- Relevant HR training and/or certification
Physical Demand & Work Environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch.
- Employee will lift between 0-10 pounds.
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading.
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity