Assistant Project Manager
We’re looking for RELENTLESSLY PROACTIVE® individuals to join our team.
Are you looking to advance your career in construction? Do you bring strong technical & customer service skills, thrive in a project environment, and enjoy team spirit & collaboration?
Founded in 1998, Tysons, VA-based Bognet Construction is 100% employee owned and has developed a reputation as an innovative general contracting powerhouse in the Washington metropolitan region. Ranked as the 7th Largest Interior Construction firm by the Washington Business Journal, Bognet specializes in large commercial tenant interior and building repositioning projects in the 20,000 - 300,000 SF range, boasting a portfolio that spans some of Washington D.C.’s most visible organizations across every industry sector. Every member of the Bognet team proactively thinks ahead, anticipating challenges and opportunities to keep projects on budget and on schedule. It is the very definition of RELENTLESSLY PROACTIVE® and it is the Bognet difference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Studies bid specs carefully, looking for potential issues before we ever start the job.
- Provides information to the Senior PM/Team Leader to ensure that they are prepared for Bognet Executive Team meetings.
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of the status of every project under your control.
- Ensures that every project is managed to maximize client satisfaction.
- Ensures that the project quality control plan is in effect and followed.
- Ensures that the punch list is completed to the client’s satisfaction.
- Completes and distributes meeting minutes within 72 hours of progress meetings.
- Returns all calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Prepares, completes and submits O&M manuals to clients within 30 days of substantial completion.
- Ensures that the job processes are followed in accordance with policy.
- Maintains adherence to Bognet’s standards of safety.
- Proactively monitors the progress of the project through updated schedules.
- Resolves scope problems with subcontractors.
- Participates in company wide events, such as meetings, socials, etc.
- Ensures company contractual standards are being met prior to performing work.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field preferred or 2+ years of work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must know Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, and Project) and Procore a plus.
- Must be self – motivated & punctual.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and have excellent follow up skills both internally and externally.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and speech.
Bognet Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.