11 month Program Assistant cohort
This 11-month, paid fellowship offers an opportunity to work with key staff members at FCNL to build expertise in advocacy from a public interest perspective. Benefits include salary, health care, paid vacation, and sick leave.
The program is full-time and paid a salary well above the D.C living wage standard with benefits. Fellows work under the title “Program Assistant” and work directly with FCNL lobbyists and other senior staff, gaining first-hand knowledge of the legislative process and the organizing and communications work that is necessary for policy change.
Program Assistants work from late August through the end of the following July.
POTENTIAL PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
- Advocacy: Lobby Congress and build grassroots campaigns to encourage constituents and members of Congress to take action by providing them with information on critical issues.
- Outreach: Help build democracy by organizing campaigns and workshops that empower people around the country to engage with elected officials in Washington.
- Research: Attend congressional committee hearings and coalition meetings and analyze documents and reports.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The base $38,600 salary for 11 months covers basic living expenses for the Washington, DC area. Benefits include fully paid basic health insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, and a public transportation or biking stipend. Program Assistants are responsible for making their own housing arrangements - FCNL does not cover the cost of housing or relocation. This is a non-exempt position.
A completed application will include:
- An application form.
- A cover letter telling us about yourself, why you want to work at FCNL and what experiences you would bring to advance the work of the organization.
- Transcript(s) from each post-secondary institution from which you hold a degree (if applicable). (Transcripts may be unofficial. FCNL may ask for an official transcript at a later date.)
- Resume (including education, work, extracurricular, and volunteer experience).
- Two letters of recommendation from your references. Letters are due on the day that applications are due, February 18, 2022. No exceptions will be made for late letters. Have your references send letters to Ashlee Morris at email@example.com, with the subject line “Recommendation: [applicant last name]” .
The deadline for all applications and materials is February 18, 2022. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
For more information, contact YFProgram@fcnl.org.
At FCNL, we embrace having a multitude of voices and talents working together to strengthen our impact in the world. In keeping with the Quaker testimony of equality, we strive to be an organization that welcomes, values and respects the different perspectives of every individual. We are actively soliciting applicants from different ethnic, racial, sexual orientation, gender identity and religious backgrounds.