The Coding School (TCS) is seeking a Program Manager (PM) who will be responsible for designing, implementing, managing, and evaluating TCS’ educational programs. The PM will oversee the development and execution of programs and work with the relevant stakeholders and staff on day-to-day operations to ensure the programs run successfully. It is important that the PM has strong organization skills, experience managing a team, and a minimum of 3 years of team management experience. This position reports to the Program Director.
The PM will have the exciting opportunity to lead projects with $1+ million budgets and with significant scale (some projects reach up to 10,000 students) across a wide range of educational groups, including K-12, university, and working professionals. TCS programs are global in reach with opportunities for the PM to develop and manage programs across the United States and abroad, such as Australia and the U.K. We are looking for a PM who is organized, entrepreneurial, and mission-driven, who can manage TCS’ growing program portfolio, and is passionate about creating high-quality, scalable CS programs to democratize computer science education. Prior knowledge of STEM is not required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Oversee TCS’ growing portfolio of programs and initiatives, such as Qubit by Qubit (the global leading K-12 quantum education program), and ensure successful implementation and outcomes;
- Develop and manage in-person programming for TCS first physical education & training center, which will break ground in Spring 2022;
- Manage day-to-day tasks and programming;
- Hire and manage team of 5+ program coordinators and support staff; 20+ instructors and teaching assistants; curriculum developers; volunteers; and internal and external partners;
- Work with TCS Outreach team on student recruitment and ensuring programs are diverse and inclusive;
- Develop and evaluate KPIs, and continuously improve programs to ensure they’re to the highest standard;
- Identify and work with external partners, including teachers, school districts, start-ups, corporations, and government agencies;
- Devise strategic new programs and initiatives and present them to the Program Director, Executive Director, and Board of Directors;
- Present updates and reports to the Program Director and Executive Director about progress, challenges, and successes.
Required skills / experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Minimum of 4 years of program management experience - work in start-ups, education, or non-profit programming/projects a plus;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience managing a team of 5+ with differing skill sets;
- Experience managing educational programs (with $1M+ budgeted projects a plus) across different mediums (i.e. in-person, hybrid, virtual) and different educational groups (K-12 students and educators, university students, working professionals);
- Experience with project management and communication tools, such as Airtable, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and SendGrid;
- Detail-oriented and strong organizational skills;
- Demonstrated competency when handling diversified assignments;
- Superior analytical skills and problem solving abilities;
- Ability to take initiative and make decisions independently;
- Willingness to learn new skills, having an open-mind, and receptiveness to feedback;
- Experience with LMS platforms, such as Canvas (preferred);
- Ability to travel for programs as per the needs of the programs;
- Ability to work weekends when required for program needs;
- Prior knowledge of STEM is not required.