Business Development Coordiantor
The Marketing Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Business Development Coordinator. This position may be located in the DC or New York office. The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the business development activities for the Intellectual Property, Legislative and Environmental practice groups.
The majority of time will be devoted to pitches/proposals and practice group experience information for submissions and rankings. This position will work closely with lawyers, business development managers, and other firm staff to coordinate practice group and individual attorney business development and marketing efforts. A successful candidate will be a self-starter, with a strong work ethic, dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our attorneys, clients, and other members of the marketing department. While the Coordinator will have plenty of individual responsibilities, this individual works as part of team that supports each other as needed on all marketing and business development projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the RFP, pitch, and proposal processes from planning through submission. Elements of this responsibility include, for example:
- Working with attorneys, marketing staff, and other Firm personnel in the development and execution of proposals and presentations.
- Organizing information relating to proposals and coordinating personnel contributing to the proposal processes.
- Identifying most applicable content, editing existing content, and drafting new content for proposals and pitches.
- Coordinating information and research requests with the Research Services and Finance & Accounting departments.
- Coordinating assembly/production and delivery of finished product.
- Working with Business Development Managers to provide support for the full range of practice group marketing and business development activity, including sponsorships and presentations.
- Overseeing editing and production of individual practice or industry team newsletters, blogs or other communications.
- Collecting and coordinating data for practice group submissions to Chambers and other rankings/awards submissions.
- Using InterAction to identify and confirm relationship targets.
- Entering data into Foundation, the firm’s database for proposal content, experience items and pitch/proposal tracking.
- Managing practice group content on the Firm’s website, including biographies and experience highlights.
- Providing support for attorneys reaching out to targeted contacts and clients, including creation of targeted lists for specific business development efforts and events.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of one year of marketing and/or proposal experience or related work experience.
- Legal marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience with the listed practices is a plus.
- Prior experience in proposal assembly and creation preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrates strategic focus and self-motivation.
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team.
- Ability to work in an environment with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate, in oral and written form, with people at all levels within the Firm.
- Exhibit superior attention to detail and pride in high quality deliverables.
- Must have the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), ethnicity, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For our EEO Policy Statement, please click here. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click EEO is the LAW and the Supplement poster.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.