The Program Manager will execute NQF Framework projects related to healthcare performance measurement and improvement. The Manager is specifically responsible for guiding and executing day-to-day aspects of projects, including research, environmental scans, and project deliverables. The Manager may take on a more external role in project work and may observe proposal development calls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Guide the day-to-day activities of projects, including working with project leadership to execute the work.
- Review the work of and provide guidance and coaching to junior staff supporting the projects.
- Conduct and manage the research for NQF projects that include the following tasks:
- Develop synopses or summaries of research findings specifically relevant to the project scope.
- Perform environmental scans for existing measures, current use of measures in programs, best practices, or clinical care guidelines.
- Work with project management staff to ensure that all projects adhere to the standard processes and standard work; contribute insights for continuous quality improvement.
- Direct and/or produce meeting materials, memos, and draft and final reports.
- Work with the project lead to help facilitate portions of committee meetings, webinars, and conference calls.
- Work with project management staff to ensure that the work completed by project team (i.e., Analysts, Managers, Senior Directors/Directors, and subcontractors) is completed on time.
- Work with project management staff and project leadership to manage and monitor project databases (i.e., SmartSheet, SharePoint) and assigned budgets.
- Work with project management staff to track and report project milestones and develop status reports.
- Work closely with project teams and interface directly with external partners.
- Support and coach junior staff on projects.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience; health professional degree (e.g., RN, NP, PA) is a bonus; or Master’s degree in a related field e.g., MPH, MSHA, MHA, MS) with a least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Strong knowledge of the healthcare delivery system, public health, health IT, or health policy, quality improvement and/or performance measurement
- Experience working in a nonprofit membership or consensus-based organization is a plus.
- Demonstrated success in project management is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency with independently identifying key questions that research must answer
- Ability to assist, support, collaborate, and guide other team members to complete project deliverables promoting teamwork
- Proficiency at drafting large portions of project deliverables with limited guidance
- Ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements at the project/team level
- Comfort with ambiguity and proficiency with embracing change and adjusting priorities, processes and/or approach as needs dictate
- Proficiency with presentation and communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and leading portions of external calls or meetings
- Proficient in use of MS Office suite
- Experience with databases (e.g., SharePoint) preferred