Fairfax Water is seeking an experienced professional to serve as its Director of Production. This key senior position provides strategic leadership by planning, directing, coordinating, and supervising staff responsible for the operation and maintenance of two large water treatment plants, and utility-wide electrical and HVAC maintenance and energy management programs.
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, providing service to over two million residents and thousands of businesses in the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C. Fairfax Water is Virginia’s largest water utility and is one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country. Through a talented and dedicated staff of 475 people, Fairfax Water operates two treatment plants with a combined production capacity of 345 MGD and a distribution system comprised of over 4,000 miles of water main with over 280,000 metered connections. Fairfax Water is committed to by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price while supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Fairfax County and the Northern Virginia region we serve.
The Director of Production will be expected to combine a strategic perspective with strong technical and management skills and to work collaboratively and creatively with the senior leadership team and the Fairfax Water Board. The ideal candidate will possess the following:
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience and the ability to effectively interface with the other members of a senior leadership team, a governing body, internal and external stakeholders, and consultants.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices and demonstrated skills in the analysis and evaluation of water treatment plant operations and maintenance.
- Thorough knowledge of the United States Environmental Protection Agency's and the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Health's current regulations pertaining to water treatment and distribution.
- In-depth understanding of asset management practices and condition-based maintenance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the demonstrated ability to build effective teams and create a culture of service excellence.
- “Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.”
- The salary range for this position is up to $230,000.