Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for an Engineer II/III - Planning. This position will assist with engineering studies, hydraulic analysis, and other tasks necessary to support operation of and long-range planning for Fairfax Water’s transmission and distribution facilities.
Essential functions include:
Supporting update and maintenance of Fairfax Water’s system hydraulic model, including:
- Performing updates from Fairfax Water’s enterprise GIS using automated methods.
- Validating model performance against historical SCADA information.
- Conducting preliminary engineering studies and hydraulic analysis to establish the need, feasibility, function, and priority of various system improvements such as pumping stations, storage facilities, or transmission mains.
- Performing detailed studies and analyses aimed at providing a justification for capital improvements to existing and future water supply facilities, including evaluation of alternative scenarios.
- Supporting update and maintenance of Fairfax Water’s System Master Plan.
- Reviewing design documents to include plans, specifications, project schedules, expenses, and reports on assigned projects.
Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Environmental or Infrastructure Engineering or related field and a minimum of three years progressively responsible experience in the planning and design of public water supply facilities, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Possession of an F.E. (Fundamental of Engineering) certificate is preferred. For higher level position, Engineer III, candidate must be a registered Professional Engineer in the Commonwealth of Virginia or be registered in another state with the ability to become registered in Virginia within six months of being hired. Candidates should have considerable knowledge of the theory and practices of civil engineering relating to the design and construction of public water supply facilities as well as knowledge of hydraulics, GIS, and computer modeling techniques.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan. The salary range for this position is $79,102 to $130,894 annually. Applications must be received by February 7, 2022.
Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.