- Associates degree or equivalent formal training in related field.
- Combination of education and related experience for a total of six (6) years of mechanical and electrical experience. Eight (8) years, preferred.
- Master HVAC license in Prince George’s County or State of Maryland.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience preferred.
The following criteria, which are not the sole criteria used in the final hiring decision, will be used to review the applications of those persons who meet the stated minimum qualifications and to select those qualified applicants who will be interviewed. Other information and observations made during the interview process may be considered in the selection process. Resume/CV and cover letter are required with the application. Please ensure that your documents address the criteria listed below for this position.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned staff.
- Assigns day to day duties and monitors work of tradespeople.
- With Director - Trades, develops annual training program for tradespeople working under the supervisor's leadership.
- Participates in Division's annual retreat.
- Establishes goals and objects for direct reports and performs year end evaluations.
- Diagnoses problems with systems and equipment and makes necessary adjustments as required.
- Trains subordinate employees on operations of the Siemens BAS
- Reviews plans and specifications for all new capital construction projects. Makes recommendations as necessary.
- Schedules, oversees and conducts preventive maintenance tasks.
- Coordinates periodic inspections by state, county and outside third party commercial inspection agencies to include boilers, elevators, fire alarms.
- Implements energy conservation measures recommended by technical audits and as dictated by operating practices.
- Prepares scope of work and technical specifications and other documents required to support procurement actions for repairs, request for proposals (RFP) and invitation for bids (IFB), for installed electrical, heating, cooling and control systems.
- Participate as a member of the College Safety Committee.
- Performs related work as required.