WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
As the world develops and the green industry continues to grow, the demand for maximizing the benefits of energy usage in homes while minimizing cost and emissions also grows. As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry as a Female-Lead company, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
As an Energy Analyst in PEG’s BEM (Building Energy Modeling) Department, this critical position serves as the middleman in the home modeling/rating timeline, simplifying the data collected during a home’s detailed inspection. An Energy Analyst will work with various energy software to model energy usage of various building types, interpret various building energy documents, such as drawings and inspection reports, and create 3D models, to produce a comprehensive summary of the energy efficiency of a home.
Job Location: This position is located in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Serve as Energy Analyst for Local, Regional, and National Energy Programs
- Consistently complete 17 Ekotrope/RemRate files per day
- Responsible for processing files for at least 8 states
- Coordinate and review with Energy Analyst Team Inspection Submissions for accuracy
- Communicate any auditing areas to Management and provide options for resolution
- Develop workarounds to overcome obstacles with the assistance of Management
- Integrate, review, and validate critical relationships with primary parties
- Receive and understand client constraints
- Modify and adjust to energy rated software – RemRate & Ekotrope
- Manage and control all data through Excel and Share-Point
- B.S. in Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Science, or related field is preferred but not required
- Experience with energy efficiency building codes, building science, and energy modeling software (such as REMrate) is not required but is a PLUS
- Work experience in house framing, home mechanical systems, and/or general carpentry / Blueprints (helpful)
- Training will be provided and is required for this position.
- Experience with construction, energy efficiency building codes, and building science is not required but is a PLUS
- Experience with energy modeling software such as Ekotrope, REMrate, Google Sketchup is not required but is preferred
- Familiarity with building science concepts such as thermal enclosure, building envelope leakage testing, and duct leakage testing
- Must be competent in reading schedules and inspection reports
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Must have strong software skills with Microsoft Excel and familiarity with SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word
- Excellent reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, data entry management, and time management skills
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance • 2 Weeks PTO & Company Paid Holidays • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities • Corporate Sponsored Events •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.