Marketing and Communications Manager
This position is responsible for marketing and communications tasks including, but not limited to event planning, creative marketing campaigns, media and press relations, branding strategy, marketing collateral, digital marketing, arts and entertainment programming and more. Candidate should be skilled at vendor negotiation, events management, writing, community relations, sponsorship management and attention to detail.
Essential Job Functions:
- Oversee a range of special events and marketing initiatives that promote downtown Bethesda and its restaurants, shops and arts and entertainment organizations.
- Management of logistics and planning for small to large-scale special events and community festivals.
- Oversee the marketing and publicity efforts of these events.
- Organize and effectively manage event and marketing budgets, including vendor contracts.
- Set and manage multiple priorities at one time.
- Write, edit and proofread marketing materials as well as press release; pitch stories to local media.
- Work with community and organization’s constituents.
- Assist with planning and development of marketing campaigns, including digital marketing and social media.
- A minimum of 4 to 6 years of experience in marketing, communications and public relations is required.
- Experience in events management preferred.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong customer service skills (phone skills, in person, email communication).
- A high degree of responsibility, initiative and professionalism.
- This is a full-time non-exempt position on site in downtown Bethesda with the benefit of a hybrid working environment.
- Evening and weekend work is required for special events.
- The role reports to the Director of Marketing and Communications.
Please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Apply for Marketing and Communications Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly