Corporate Relations and Development Coordinator
Do you want to join a mission-driven organization that makes a difference in the U.S. healthcare landscape?
ASTRO is the premier radiation oncology society in the world, with more than 10,000 members who are physicians, nurses, biologists, physicists, radiation therapists, dosimetrists and other health care professionals who specialize in treating patients with radiation therapies. These medical professionals make up the radiation therapy treatment teams that are critical in the fight against cancer. Together, these teams treat more than one million cancer patients each year.
ASTRO is looking for an individual with at least 2 years of administrative background to provide support and coordination for multiple development and corporate relations activities and programs of the Society. Responsibilities include handling corporate membership, corporate grants and support/sponsorships and development programs for ASTRO.
In addition, this individual will coordinate internal activities to cultivate and recognize corporate supporters as well as support volunteer committees such as arranging conference calls and meetings and preparing meeting materials. This position maintains detailed records of financial activities for the department as well as corresponding analytics for the different sponsorship and advertising opportunities. This individual serves as the initial point of contact for advertising inquiries and succinctly and accurately provides information on all available opportunities.
NOTE: The position is based in Arlington, VA at ASTRO’s headquarters. The position is eligible for telework up to 2x/week after 6 months of successful employment. All employees must be fully vaccinated as a condition for employment.
- Supports the Department team by facilitating the operational activities (financial records, member inquiries) essential to meet the overall development objectives of the Society.
- Oversees maintenance of database of donors and reports to ensure accurate and up-to-date data, as well as the development and documentation of processes and procedures.
- Supports team in the development of agendas, materials and minutes for volunteer committees.
- Coordinates development mailings or e-mail distributions throughout the year to targeted groups.
- Provides volunteer support as needed.
- Maintains industry section of web sites to ensure proper recognition for donors and up-to-date information on programs and coordinates with social media specialist for Corporate Member and supporter recognition.
- Assists with stewardship of supporter benefits.
- Coordinates arrangements during the year, immediately prior to, and on-site during the ASTRO Annual Meeting, to recognize corporate donors.
- Coordinates Annual Meeting functions in collaboration with other departments.
- Assists with research, reports and proposals for corporate donor prospects.
- Serves as primary point of contact for advertising and sponsorship inquiries and assists with customized marketing plans for industry partners.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum two (2) years’ work experience, preferably in sales and/or a development & fundraising environment
- Demonstrated experience working with internal and external constituents
- Experience in an association environment preferred
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple projects and meet critical deadlines
- Proficient in MS Office Suite and experience working with databases, an association management system such as Aptify preferred
- Experience working with a website content management system a plus
- Excellent telephone, customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and to be adaptable and flex
- General office. Minimum travel required, less than 5% of the time (Annual Meeting only)
ASTRO offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits package which includes:
- Flexible work arrangements including telework up to 2 days/week (after 6 months of employment)
- Medical, dental and vision insurance, majority company paid
- 401K with immediate company contribution
- 23 days of Paid Time Off annually
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Employer paid short and long term disability insurance and more
Please see our website www.astro.org for more information about ASTRO.
To apply, submit cover letter, salary requirements and resume by clicking:
We are an equal/affirmative action employer.