Endowment Accounting Manager
The Endowment Accounting Manager will manage and coordinate the recording of all foundation investment activities including investments in the general endowment investment pool, short-term current use funds investment, split-interest agreement investments, and all other investment accounts maintained by the foundation. This individual is also responsible for coordinating with the Director of Foundation Operations regarding the timely and accurate generation of financial data and reports to the foundation’s donors, trustees, management, accounting staff, business managers, and IT staff responsible for maintaining financial data available through the internet. The reporting cycle includes the generation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and investment reports and the accompanying analysis of investment returns and investment performance.
The Endowment Accounting Manager will be responsible for monitoring asset allocations investment performance of individual funds and fund managers to determine if foundation investment goals are being achieved in accordance with the foundation’s approved investment policy. This individual will work on a daily basis with endowment management software, accounting software, and Excel spreadsheets to ensure that financial transactions are recorded properly in the foundation’s financial and reporting systems. They will perform investment and transaction research as directed.
This individual will have an important role in the preparation of the Foundation’s annual financial statement audit and will perform other special projects and tasks on an as needed basis.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required.
Minimum 3-7 years of professional experience in accounting, business, or finance concentrating in treasury and investment management/analysis, including experience working with endowment or investment fund performance.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in preparing financial analysis reports with multiple software tools.
- Well organized with the ability to file, maintain and quickly access numerous internal and external documents in support of donors and endowment accounting functions.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to professionally interact with internal staff and external donors and investment advisors.
- Excellent Excel skills and the ability to fully utilize its formulas and functions to develop complex worksheets.