The Financial Analyst, reporting to the Director of Foundation Operations, is responsible for a broad array of business and financial functions, including performing complex financial analyses, and serves as the point of contact with University Relations staff, with regard to requests for specialized donor reporting. This individual will work collaboratively with the Director to design and develop complex and detailed reports as well as provide recommendations for process improvements. The Financial Analyst is responsible for assisting the Financial Management department with providing high-level analytical support and development of financial models and scenarios as a key input for strategic planning decisions.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
Bachelor’s degree required.
At least 5 years of professional accounting, finance, or related experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to be a team player and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Experience with accounting and budgeting software
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Strong oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with diverse groups.
- Strong customer service abilities