The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 11,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators, and industry professionals, the ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.ASBMB is seeking a full-time Membership Manager to develop, plan, and manage the Societies' membership initiatives, including membership applications process, member retention and recruitment efforts. Also, develop regular reports on membership metrics and assist in the development of new member programs and services. Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies for retention of existing members and recruitment and cultivation of new members.
- Manage the membership database (iMIS) to ensure the accuracy of data entered or imported into the system.
- Work with ASBMB department to maintain existing member benefits and the development of new resources.
- Develop promotional material and messaging for renewals and membership solicitations.
- Implement membership engagement plan.
- Review and provide updates to the membership section of the Society's website.
- Assist members with day-to-day needs, including facilitating member benefit usage.
- Serve as the staff liaison to the membership committee.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid computer skills, extensive knowledge of MS Office and iMIS.
- Knowledge of the latest social media technology.
- Ability to work individually and collaborative as part of a team.
- Detail-oriented, proactive, assertive, and self-motivated.
- Periodic travel is required