Manager, IT Services
University of Maryland, College Park
Manager, IT Services (Position # 100979)
GENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Develops, manages, analyzes, upgrades and services mission critical networked systems; oversees Information Technology support for Departmental functions. The current systems include a shared virtualization cluster for servers, Active Directory, database systems, over 200 workstations, laptops, cell phones and printers. Provides support to 250 staff in multiple locations across campus. Responsible for a web site accessed by customers and staff. Supports the use of current and future Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Integrated Work Management System (IWMS) with data integrations and user support. Supervises, trains and evaluates IT Support Associate. The Manager is directly supervised by the Assistant Director for Technology Services.
• Network and User Administration – maintain/update department network/server infrastructure – hardware and software. Maintain licenses, warranties, etc. Manage group memberships, listserv and software subscriptions. Support mission-critical software applications.
• Technical and Hardware Support – Manage IT equipment replacement cycle; includes assessment/replacement of hardware as needed. Maintain budget for IT equipment purchases. • Department and Campus Engagement – Implement IT priorities that support department goals and objectives. Facilitate staff training on new department or campus technology. Liaison with Division and Campus IT groups, serve on committees as assigned.
• Strategic Planning – Advise Assistant Director, IT Services on security, virtualization, and end user software. Be available as needed at off-hours to minimize impact of planned work on department users and clients.
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 5 year’s full time experience in IT field.
● A minimum of 3 year’s hands on experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, VMWare, and centralized workstation management tools. Experience with Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager preferred.
● Must have familiarity with administering Microsoft SQL Server.
● Driver’s license with fewer than 6 points is required.
● Must be able to respond to critical issues during non-business hours.
SALARY and BENEFITS – Starting salary, between $108,000 and $127,000. Benefits include 25 days annual and personal leave; 14 paid holidays; 15 days sick leave, tuition remission up to 8 credits per semester; choice of two retirement programs; a variety of group health insurance plans.
TO APPLY: For best consideration apply by January 21, 2022. To apply, submit a resume with cover letter online at www.ejobs.umd.edu. Click on “Staff Positions” and follow the directions for position #100979. The University of Maryland is a smoke free environment The University requires staff to be vaccinated against COVID.
University of Maryland is an AA/EEO Employer.