Risk Management Field Inspector (Columbia, MD)
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry as a Female-Lead company, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
PEG is searching for a qualified candidate to assist in the inspection and successful implementation of PEG’s Risk Management Program.
In this position, new employees will be provided paid on the job training that will prepare them to maintain systems and procedures to ensure that all structures are built in accordance with the Risk Management Program.
Excellent communication skills with not only the PEG Team but also PEG clients in a respectful manner is a must. As a representative of PEG, the ideal candidate must be presentable, organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and dependable.
Job Location: The geographical area assigned to this position includes a 100-mile radius with Columbia, MD at its center.
Essential Areas of Responsibility:
- Monitor construction activity to ensure structures are inspected within the established parameters of the Risk Management Program
- Monitor Risk Management Program to ensure accuracy and completion of information is collected for each inspection type.
- Attend new client and community orientation and kickoff meetings
- Complete a comprehensive plan review of all products being inspected and retain product information for Client/Management Company
- Review product specifications to ensure applications meet the manufacturers specifications.
- Constantly monitor the client’s daily construction schedule to be on site for program inspections. Items for inspection include Footings, Concrete Slabs/Wall/Foundation, Framing/Sheathing, Exterior Envelope/House Wrap, Sound Testing/Sound Channel, and Final Turnover for each site.
- Assigned inspections will fluctuate will client construction schedules.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the Risk Management Program and make recommendations for improvements
- Coordinate with client contractors as needed to complete Risk Management Program
- Maintain construction documents and schedules on SharePoint
- Ensure adherence to PEG/Client safety program
- Oversee the startup of all assigned new sites
- Ensure daily inspections and field reports are conducted in each assigned site
- Must become completely familiar with assigned site blueprints and specifications
- Responsible for coordinating the completion of each structure within the Risk Management Program with client(s)
- Ensure we are maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship between contractors and clients
- Ensure contractors/clients adherence to established Risk Management Program
- Solicit feedback and provide support to client for handling contractor conflicts make final decisions regarding resolution of issues
- Resolve any client conflicts during the Risk Management Program process
- Follow up with client(s) after inspection to ensure they understand report(s) and answer any questions
- Ensure clients receive proper training for the Risk Management Program
- Review client’s feedback with respect to the Risk Management Program and implement any changes or improvements where necessary
- Stay current on all codes and code changes and communicate information to management as necessary
- Determine ways to execute all functions of the Risk Management Program more efficiently to improve overall margins and client satisfaction for the company
- Ensure all Risk Management files are maintained for each assigned site and, upon closing, ensure the company policy for storage is followed
- Must have a good working knowledge of the company and the ability to communicate this information to clients and assigned personnel
- Communicate, immediately, any major client issues to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Company.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3 - 7 years of Residential Construction Experience, includes the entire building process from concrete to turnover to builder.
- Must be willing to obtain additional certifications/licenses as required (i.e. ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician – Grade 1)
- OSHA 10-Hour and/or 30-Hour Certification is not required but is a plus
- Must be able to work outside during summer high temperatures
- Ability to work in attics, basements, and crawl spaces
- Ability to climb, balance, kneel, crawl, and lift
- Ability to work on ladders (up to 30’) and hand/power tools
- Ability to frequently lift and move 50 pounds unassisted
- Must be personable, well-groomed, articulate, and able to convey technical information in plain language
- Must be organized, self-motivated, and enthusiastic
- Must be willing to obtain additional certifications/licenses as required
- Valid driver’s license in good standing with insurable driving record
- Must have reliable transportation (Gas/Vehicle Allowance included)
- Must be able to drive for long periods to and from job site locations
- Pre-employment background check/drug testing
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance • 2 weeks PTO & Company Paid Holidays • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities • Corporate Sponsored Events
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.