The School Bus Driver is a part-time position reporting to the Auxiliary Services Manager. This role is responsible for safely operating the school bus and transporting students on a regular, daily basis.
- Operate the school bus in a safe and efficient way in compliance with the law and according to all relevant school policies and procedures.
- Complete the school bus route as assigned ensuring that students safely enter and exit the school bus at their designated stops.
- Ensure all bus passengers are safely seated before and while the school bus is in motion.
- Observe speed limits and obey all road signs and traffic regulations.
- Maintain order on the bus, explain safety procedures to passengers as needed, enforce rules of conduct and respond to emergencies, including the safe evacuation of passengers through emergency exits.
- Keep record of the students transported and miles driven on each run and report to manager.
- Ensure vehicles are in good operating condition by performing required daily pre-trip safety inspections and maintenance checks. Report any adverse conditions immediately to the school’s maintenance director.
- Ensure that vehicles are in broom clean condition and free from garbage daily.
- Perform test runs of any regularly scheduled route, as needed, to be comfortable and confident in that route prior to transporting students.
- Review directions for the am, and pm routes regularly and confirm all changes with manager.
- Observe traffic direction for school buses while on campus.
- Exercise good judgment in the performance of job responsibilities and work without direct supervision.
- Communicate effectively with children and parents (as needed).
- Perform any other related duties as assigned by the Auxiliary Services Manager or designee.
- Must possess a high school diploma or the equivalent.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be at least 21 years of age.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time.
- Must maintain current CPR/AED certification.
- Must demonstrate a good driving record, as defined by Browne Academy in its sole discretion, for the past 5 years.
- Drivers are subject to background checks upon hire/randomly and at least every five years thereafter.
- Drivers must obtain annual physicals and drug screenings from authorized and designated service providers. Drivers are subject to random drug screening tests in accordance with the US DOT, as well as mandated drug screening tests in the event of an on-the-job accident.
- Drivers must agree in writing to have their DMV or MVR records made confidentially accessible to the School.
Apply for Bus Driver
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly