The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB) has an opening for a Financial Analyst. This position will assist in developing budgeting tools for the annual budget process. Assists in design & maintenance of budgeting tools for creating and collecting USCCB annual budget data: maintain individual & consolidating budget templates. Maintains tools for general cost allocations to agreed fair share methods and performs monthly calculations/charges. Obtain and assemble data fundamental to achieving routine analysis of departments’ activities. Create and design spreadsheets and reports that reflect current and past performance analysis.
- Provide staff support on the use of budget files, training, accessibility, and budget development.
- Review departments’ annual budgets to ensure budgets are within mandated guidelines and report exceptions to the direct supervisor. Provide analytical support to managers during the budgeting process.
- Assist in transferring budget data from the budget development tools into the accounting software, including reconciliation of such data.
- Assist in designing & maintaining templates for monthly cost allocation. Ensure that the agreed allocation methods are implemented and provide intended results.
- Assist in the monthly allocation process, including distributing financial reports, annual entries, and year-end allocation proper ups.
- Review financial reports for quality assurance and distribute them monthly/quarterly according to the distribution list.
- Research and analyze data to identify, troubleshoot and resolve discrepancies in either budget data or actual revenue and expenditure data.
- Assists in customizing reports, spreadsheets, charts, and graphs for managers and financial dashboards.
- Create and keep current monthly and yearly comparisons for various financial markers per the unit focus.
- Maintain working knowledge of the accounting pronouncements and standards, keeping current on the same.
- Assist in compiling data for various committee meetings.
- Assist in year-end closing and audit process, including preparing audit work papers in assigned areas.
- Serve as backup for other Financial Analysts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years of finance experience.
For further information or to submit a cover letter and resume, visit: