Customer Service Representative I - Contact
Under close supervision of the Supervisor, Customer Contact, the Customer Service Representative will respond professionally to customer inquiries and requests for service.
Essential functions include:
- In bound contact center, Customer Service Representative handles 50 calls a day on average and answers customer questions concerning services, billing, payment, lien law requirements, water quality, water pressure, plumbing and other water related concerns.
- Researches customer's information, assesses and fulfills customer needs, educates the customer where applicable to prevent the need for future contacts and document interactions through contact tracking.
- Uses all available contacts and historical records in SAP to analyze and resolve the customer's situation.
- Examines all relevant information in order to assess validity of complaints and determine possible causes.
- Opens new accounts, closes, and modifies customer accounts.
- Opens, cancels and modifies service orders.
- Keeps records of customer interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints and comments, as well as action taken.
- Promotes company's website and Electronic Bill Presentment and Payment (EBPP) options to customers to improve adoption rate.
- Schedules and dispatches service order requests to field representative and provide customer with detailed information on what to expect.
- Coordinates customers' requests with Radio Dispatcher and schedule field work appointments.
- Performs billing adjustments to correct late charges assessed in error.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Graduation from high school and a minimum of one to 3 years of experience in a call/contact center environment, or any equivalent combination of education, experience and knowledge. Ability to handle complaints and unpleasant customers. Passion for excellence with respect to understanding and caring for customers. Ability to effectively plan, organizes, and communicates orally. Ability to communicate clearly and professionally, both verbally and in writing. Ability to perform accurate basic mathematical computations. Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships. Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment. “Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.”
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.