Association Administrative Assistant
Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness (CREC)–Arlington, VA (partial remote temporarily due to COVID) is a non-profit organization founded to provide policymakers with the information needed to formulate and execute innovative, regional, job-creating economic development strategies in the US.
Association Administrative Assistant will serve as the primary "face of the office" by answering phone calls, emails, and greeting in-person visitors and by creating a welcoming environment. A cheerful personality and a commitment to customer service are both vital to success for this position. Reporting to the communications and events manager, they will provide administrative and scheduling support to senior staff, assist the event manager in providing meeting logistics support, and ensure the staff have adequate supplies and administrative support. Other responsibilities include:
- Direct general inquiries to appropriate staff
- Facilitate contact with building management to ensure facilities are well-maintained (i.e., handling maintenance and service requests)
- Maintain stock of office supplies and related needs
- Provide scheduling support for meetings for staff
- Manage staff travel arrangements and communicating details
- Coordinate calendars and manage in-person meeting details
- Coordinate board, committee, and project meetings in support of associations and program staff
- Create and edit standardized documents/contracts in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and PDF for review by staff
- Retrieve, sort, and document mail received
- Respond to claims and subscription requests for products
- Assist with database management, customer requests, customer reconciliations, and making follow-up calls for outstanding payments
- Provide other support as needed to staff in a cheerful and enthusiastic manner
The Association Administrative Assistant should demonstrate both an ability to juggle multiple tasks as well as highly effective time and project management skills. Permission to work in the U.S. required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Have a Bachelor's degree (or an associate's degree with at least 3 years of administrative experience)
- Demonstrate facility with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, and Excel) and Adobe PDF
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Maintain the ability to consistently follow-up with others cheerfully as needed
- Preference will be given to bilingual (English- and Spanish-speaking) candidates.
Benefits: CREC provides medical, dental, and vision insurance and a Health Savings Account, paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off Leave accrual, contributions to a company 401k Retirement Savings Plan, plus special leave for the end-of-year holiday season.
Interested in joining us? Send a resume, cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.