Do you love reading books, recommending books, and helping others find the best resources available? If so, then Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) has the perfect opportunity for you.
Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS, you become part of a unique, performance-driven organization where students are the center of our work and excellence permeates.
The Library Assistant oversees the use of print and non-print resources by students and staff. In conjunction with the proper use of library resources, the library assistant is expected to provide superior customer service and work closely and collaboratively with the Librarian.
- Use library software system to renew and check out library items, notify staff and students of overdue books.
- Assist patrons with ready-reference questions and reader advisory, bibliographic instruction, database searching, computer login, and printing
- Conduct library tours and workshops, update the bulletin board and book display.
- Uses library software system to circulate materials, inventory the collection, and to print reports as needed.
- Participates in bi-weekly library meetings to organize and promote library activities, including field trips and contests.
- Receives and inspects materials upon delivery and provides for proper distribution of those materials.
- Processes and catalog new materials, inspects, mends, and shelves materials.
- Participates in planning and organizing displays in the Library and Resources Center.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 1 year of related experience or the appropriate combination of education and experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to provide exceptional customer service
- Must be able to provide proof of completed Covid-19 vaccination
- Deep commitment to CRIPCS's core values and ability to model those values in relationships with colleagues and partners
Monday – Thursday, 2:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Please submit your application on Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School’s career page at . This position will be open until filled.