Carlos Rosario International Public Charter School (CRIPCS) is searching for two Principals – one for each of the school’s campuses - to start no later than the beginning of the 2022-23 school year. CRIS is an adult charter school that delivers high-quality education, career training, and supportive services that enable adult immigrants to realize their dreams while strengthening our community and economy. When you join the team at CRIPCS, you become part of a unique, mission-oriented organization that is actively and innovatively tackling some of the greatest challenges faced by adult learners and English language learners today, with a laser-beam focus on equity of opportunity for those we exist to serve.
We are seeking educational leaders who will be responsible for setting and executing a strategic vision for teaching and learning to ensure that all students are learning and achieving their potential in line with the mission of the school. This principal position at CRIPCS requires expertise in serving adult immigrant communities, workforce development, and/or alternative pathways. Primary responsibilities include curriculum and assessment development/oversight, coaching and performance management, leadership development, budget management, and scheduling. The principal must be a champion of the School’s mission, an inspirational speaker, and a compassionate listener.
Our ideal candidates will have
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree in Education Administration, Adult Education, Business Administration or a related field;
- At least five year’s teaching experience and a minimum of seven years experience in management in the field of adult education and/or TESOL education;
- Demonstrated success in effectively managing and developing others
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to understand the perspectives of others and influence and motivate team members to meet goals
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and another language, preferably Spanish.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and stakeholders from diverse backgrounds and build a culture that fosters diversity and inclusiveness
- Strong understanding of the best practices in adult and second language education.
- Working knowledge of curriculum and instruction; ability to evaluate the instructional program and teaching effectiveness; ability to manage budget and personnel; ability to coordinate school functions; ability to interpret policy, procedures, and data; and strong organizational, communication, public relations, and interpersonal skills.