Residential Mechanical Designer
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry as a Female-Lead company, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
Residential Mechanical Designers at PEG will have the opportunity to perform load calculations and design residential HVAC systems using the industry’s leading modeling software. PEG specializes in green building and design which we incorporate in each project. This position focuses on furthering professional career development through training and certifications. We are looking for someone self-motivated, detailed oriented, and hardworking to add to our dynamic team.
Job Location: This position is located in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Perform and review HVAC load calculations, duct sizing, and system sizing per ACCA Standards
- Provide support to analysis team
- Communicate any auditing areas to Management and provide options for resolution
- Organize scope into major categories to outline deliverables and milestones
- Determine primary timetable for deliverables
- Modify critical paths based on prevailing conditions
- Develop workarounds to overcome obstacles in the critical path
- Integrate, review, and validate critical relationships with primary parties
- Receive and understand client constraints
- Able to modify and adjust to software – Manual J Software, AutoCAD, Wrightsoft-Wrightdraw, RESCheck, REMrate
- Manage and control all data through Excel and SharePoint
- Interface with Operations, Owners, and Subcontractors to discuss impact of work and resolution of problems.
- Understand current IECC and state codes for Residential Design
- Candidate must have 2 years+ of relevant experience in Residential Mechanical (HVAC) Design
- 2 yrs + of AutoCAD experience is a must.
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant field is required
- EIT is NOT required but salary incentive will be offered to those who obtain it.
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel/SharePoint
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Efficient Time Management Skills
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Ability to read/write/comprehend technical instructions
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance • 2 Weeks PTO & Company Paid Holidays • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities • Corporate Sponsored Events •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.