WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry as a Female-Lead company, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
Be an integral part of the PEG Field Operations Management Team.
This position is directly responsible for effectively managing all assigned site operations and personnel by implementing and maintaining systems and procedures which will ensure all structures are built in accordance with the Clients Program, according to specified inspection times, within allotted budgets, and achieving company and client customer satisfaction goals.
The qualified candidate will be required to become a certified HERS Rater and Quality Assurance Delegate (QAD) to successfully manage direct reports ensuring Home Energy Audits are completed in accordance with RESNET Guidelines. Learn more at www.resnet.us.
Excellent communication skills with not only the PEG Team but also PEG clients in a respectful manner is a must. As a representative of PEG, the ideal candidate must be presentable, organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and dependable.
The geographical area assigned to this position includes the entire state of VA. Candidate must reside in the DC Metro Area to be considered for this position.
Areas of Responsibility:
I. Personnel Management
- Recruit, interview, and assist in hiring all assigned personnel.
- Ensure the thorough training of all assigned personnel. (i.e. technical training, Scopes of Work, Protocols, subcontractor orientation’s and environmental as needed.)
- Conduct 90-Day and one-year Growth Reviews with assigned personnel.
- Resolve any assigned employee questions or issues and handle performance problems as necessary.
- Minimize levels of employee turnover within assigned personnel.
- Continually gather feedback from assigned personnel, discuss pertinent issues, and maintain open communications.
- Handle personnel terminations after reviewing information with management.
- Recognize and reward top performing assigned personnel.
- Job performance will be measured on the performance of the personnel he/she supervises.
II. Start Process
- Monitor construction activity to ensure structures are inspected within the established parameters of the Clients Program.
- Monitor Clients Program to ensure accuracy and completion of information collected is correct.
- Constantly monitor the weekly construction schedule and exceed client expectations. ex: complete all inspections above provided schedule is available.
- Provide training as needed to increase assigned Field Engineer(s) use of the weekly construction schedule and align with Clients Program.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the Clients Program and make recommendations for improvements.
- Monitor scheduling productivity on a weekly basis.
- Monitor Client Program for assigned Field Engineer(s) to ensure documentation and inspection protocol are being achieved.
- Complete inspections as needed.
IV. Quality Control
- Establish and enforce quality standards for reports and final product to the client.
- Monitor adherence to all phases of the established client, and PEG Programs.
- Assist in the resolution of any client issues which becomes apparent during the management period by PEG.
- Ensure the documentation/submission (reports/pictures) of all inspections (client/subcontractor) are completed and sent in within the required period.
- Perform QA inspections for direct reports every week to ensure that we are meeting the RESNET QA Guidelines.
- Review Inspection Reports of Field Engineers for quality assurance per PEG’s Standards.
- Review QA progress every month with Director of Field Operations.
- Assist in the completion of any program Quality Assurance requirements.
V. Site Management
- Ensure personnel in assigned areas maintain the established standards for the site regarding OSHA standards and PEG personal appearance.
- Ensure adherence to the PEG safety program.
- Will ensure proper maintenance of any assigned company vehicles or company equipment.
- Responsible to communicate client’s job site rules.
- Ensure all assigned personnel are maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship between contractors and clients.
- Ensure contractor’s adherence to established client and PEG programs.
- Solicit feedback and provide support to client for handling contractor conflicts.
- Make final decisions regarding resolution of issues.
- Ensure subcontractors receive proper training for the client and PEG programs.
- Solicit feedback from client/subcontractor on areas for improvement and ways to strengthen the PEG/client relationship.
VII. Client Satisfaction
- Resolve any client conflicts during the inspection process, which cannot be effectively handled by assigned Field Engineer.
- Follow up with client after “Special” inspection to ensure they understand report(s) and answer any questions.
- Review client’s feedback with respect to the Clients Program and implement any changes or improvements where necessary.
- Responsible to document any conversations with clients/subcontractors and others in situations where there is potential for litigation.
- Ensure all elements of the client’s programs are being properly communicated to clients and established expectations are being met by assigned field personnel.
- Ensure all client contact points (i.e. meetings, training) are conducted according to established procedures and documented.
- Assist clients with any ongoing issues they have with unoccupied or occupied homes or dwellings.
- Ensure all company systems are being adhered to this also includes assigned personal.
- Constantly monitor all new and established systems to determine their effectiveness and make improvement recommendations where necessary.
IX. Management Planning
- Assist in the planning for staffing of assigned sites based on size and units.
- Continually network to maintain a base of qualified candidates and contractors.
X. Continuing Education
- Continually assess the education needs of assigned personal and
- provide internal and/or external training as necessary.
- Ensure action plans are created and followed up for the implementation of all ideas gained from continuing education.
- Help develop and improve training programs.
XI. Miscellaneous Responsibilities
- Stay current on all codes and code changes and communicate information to management as necessary.
- Determine ways to execute all functions of PEG programs more efficiently to improve overall margins and client satisfaction.
- Ensure all “Special” files are processes per company policy.
- Will have a good working knowledge of the company and the ability to communicate this information to clients and train assigned personnel on that information.
- Other duties as assigned by the Company.
- Ensure that all Field Engineer purchase/supplies are supported by an Equipment Log.
- Coordinate as needed with office for supplies, forms, equipment, etc.
- Will immediately communicate any major client issues to management.
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years of work experience in Residential Construction is required
- 3+ years of experience as a HERS Rater or similar position is preferred
- HERS Rater, BPI, NATE certification is helpful
- Must be able to work outside during fluctuating weather conditions
- Ability to work in attics, basements, and crawl spaces
- Ability to climb, balance, kneel, crawl, and lift
- Ability to work on ladders (up to 30’) and hand/power tools
- Ability to frequently lift and move 50 pounds unassisted
- Must have familiarity with Camera/Picture Documentation using iPad and/or iPhone
- Must have the ability to use a computer and have familiarity with Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word
- Must be personable, well-groomed, and have the expert ability to effectively communicate with other disciplines or groups and resolve schedule conflicts
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend technical instructions enough to be able to convey technical information in plain language
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and dependable
- Must have excellent reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, data entry management, and time management skills
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License in good standing with an insurable driving record
- Must have reliable transportation (Gas/Vehicle Allowance included)
- Must be able to drive for long periods to and from job site locations
- Must be able to complete a Pre-employment Background Check/Drug Testing
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance • 2 weeks PTO & Company Paid Holidays • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities • Corporate Sponsored Events •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.