HVAC Program Manager
WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry as a Female-Lead company, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
Be an integral part of the PEG Corporate Inspections Team.
This position is directly responsible for all assigned job-site operations that are contracted within the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program. The qualified candidate will effectively manage, implement, and maintain systems and procedures to ensure that all Field Engineers complete inspections accurately and within compliance requirements.
Excellent communication skills with not only the PEG Team but also PEG clients in a respectful manner is a must. As a representative of PEG, the ideal candidate must be presentable, organized, self-motivated, detail oriented, and dependable.
Job Location: This position is located in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
*Some travel will be required. This position manages this program in multiple states.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Start Process
- Monitor construction activity to ensure structures are inspected within the established parameters of the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program
- Monitor ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program to ensure accuracy and completion of information is collected for each inspection type.
- Attend new client and community orientation and kickoff meetings
- Complete a comprehensive plan review of all products being inspected and retain product information for Client/Management Company
- Review product specifications to ensure applications meet the manufacturers specifications.
- Constantly monitor the client’s weekly construction schedule to be on site for program inspections
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program and make recommendations for improvements
- Coordinate with client contractors as needed to complete ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program
- Maintain construction documents and schedules on SharePoint
3. Site Management
- Ensure adherence to PEG/Client safety program
- Oversee the startup of all assigned new sites
- Ensure weekly inspections and field reports are conducted in each assigned site
- Must become completely familiar with assigned site blueprints and specifications
- Responsible for coordinating the completion of each structure within the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program with client(s)
- Ensure we are maintaining a mutually beneficial relationship between contractors and clients
- Ensure contractors/clients adherence to established ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program
- Solicit feedback and provide support to client for handling contractor conflicts make final decisions regarding resolution of issues
5. Client Satisfaction
- Resolve any client conflicts during the inspection process
- Follow up with client(s) after inspection to ensure they understand report(s) and answer any questions
- Ensure clients receive proper training for the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program
- Review client’s feedback with respect to the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program and implement any changes or improvements where necessary
- Responsible for documenting any conversations with clients/subcontractors and others in situations where there is potential for litigation
- Ensure all elements of the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program are being properly communicated to clients and establish expectations of the program.
6. Miscellaneous Responsibilities
- Stay current on all codes and code changes and communicate information to management as necessary
- Determine ways to execute all functions of the ACCA 310 HVAC Grading and Air Balancing Program more efficiently to improve overall margins and client satisfaction for the company
- Must have a good working knowledge of the company and the ability to communicate this information to clients and assigned personnel
- Communicate, immediately, any major client issues to management.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Company.
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years of HVAC Service, Install, or Repair experience within Residential and/or Commercial Construction is required.
- Strong and in-depth knowledge and understanding of HVAC and refrigeration systems
- Advanced understanding of layout, design, fabrication, and installation of HVAC/R systems
- EPA 608 Universal, NEBB TAB CT/CP, AABA TBT, RESNET ACCA 310, or similar certifications are preferred
- Must be willing to obtain additional certifications/licenses as required
- Must be able to work outside during fluctuating weather conditions
- Ability to work in attics, basements, and crawl spaces
- Ability to climb, balance, kneel, crawl, and lift
- Ability to work on ladders (up to 30’) and hand/power tools
- Ability to frequently lift and move 50 pounds unassisted
- Must have familiarity with Camera/Picture Documentation using iPad and/or iPhone
- Must have the ability to use a computer and have familiarity with Microsoft Excel, SharePoint, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Word
- Must be personable, well-groomed, and have the expert ability to effectively communicate with other disciplines or groups and resolve schedule conflicts
- Must be able to read, write, and comprehend technical instructions enough to be able to convey technical information in plain language
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and effective interpersonal skills
- Must be organized, self-motivated, enthusiastic, and dependable
- Must have excellent reporting skills, attention to detail, deadline-oriented, data entry management, and time management skills
- Must have a Valid Driver’s License in good standing with an insurable driving record
- Must have reliable transportation (Gas/Vehicle Allowance included)
- Must be able to drive for long periods to and from job site locations
- Must be able to complete a Pre-employment Background Check/Drug Testing
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance • 2 weeks PTO & Company Paid Holidays • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities • Corporate Sponsored Events •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.