Human Resources Coordinator
The Human Resources Department of Arnold & Porter has an opening for a Human Resources Coordinator in Washington, DC office. The Human Resources Coordinator will assist the Director of Support Staff and Staff Recruiting Manager with the logistics, scheduling and administrative aspects to the full-cycle recruitment process for all professional staff positions and temporary positions for the U.S. offices, as well as performing other administrative tasks.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Professional Staff Recruiting
- Posting new positions on the firm website, Intranet, and external websites.
- Scheduling interviews (telephone, in person, video) through our Applicant Tracking Software (viRecruit).
- Greeting all DC office candidates when interviews are in-person.
- Monitoring candidate interviews to ensure the process runs smoothly.
- Emailing candidates the software assessments and employment applications in advance and ensuring the information is received and disseminated to the Director of Support Staff and Stafff Recruiting Manager prior to the interview.
- Maintaining viRecruit, which includes: entering interview information, following up for feedback, closing applicant files and sending self-identification emails to candidates as needed.
- Ensuring the Non-Employee Workers packets have been properly completed and all documents have been signed.
- Completing the Non-Employee Worker checklist and submitting the Conflicts Questionnaire and resume to the Conflicts Department for processing and notifying the Director of Support Staff once the Non-Employee Worker has cleared.
- Emailing the all of the documents to the HR Assistant once a start date has been determined.
- Processing all Human Resources Department expenses in Chrome River.
- Creating and updating spreadsheets as needed to ensure the data is current and accurate.
- Electronically filing personnel documents and preparing payroll authorization forms as needed.
- Providing backup for the Verification of Employment process.
- Assisting the Human Resources Department as needed.
- Two-year college degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years of administrative or human resources experience within a professional environment.
- A minimum of 40 wpm typing.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office Suite and/or related software.
- Experience using an ATS is a plus.
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Proven reliability, dependability, and motivation.
- Excellent organization and communications skills, both oral and written.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), age, marital or partnership status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family leave status, citizenship status, immigration status, ancestry, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws, rules, or regulations.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP endeavors to make www.arnoldporter.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Director of Support Staff. Stephanie Denmark at +1 202.942.6068. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Arnold & Porter is an EO Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer LLP uses E-Verify, which is a web-based system, to confirm the eligibility of our employees to work in the United States. As an E-Verify employer, we verify the identity and employment eligibility of newly hired employees by electronically matching information provided by employees on the Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, against records available to the Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). We use E-Verify because we are a federal contractor containing the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) E-Verify clause. Please see the posters for details regarding E-Verify or contact Arnold & Porter’s Human Resources Department for more information. E-Verify Participation Poster and Right-to-work Poster.