WHO ARE WE?
PEG, LLC is in its twenty-fourth year being a diverse energy efficiency, engineering, environmental and management consulting firm operating principally in the Eastern and Central United States.
As a leader in Home Energy Ratings, a winner of multiple Energy Star Awards, and a standout in the construction industry as a Female-Lead company, PEG has provided Home Energy Ratings for over 100,000 homes. We strive to continually improve building energy efficiency and therefore, the quality of homes and life in the communities that we service.
Please visit our website at www.pegenv.com to learn more about PEG!
WHO ARE YOU?
Be an integral part of the PEG Corporate Accounting Team and assist with various day-to-day accounting functions.
We are seeking trustworthy candidates who work efficiently without sacrificing accuracy while working with large amounts of numerical data, handling multiple tasks with deadlines, and providing transparent and complete reports to management.
This position provides the perfect foundation for a motivated individual to learn crucial accounting skills while on track to grow in a leadership role.
Job Location: This position is located in our main office in Fairfax, VA.
- Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information in QuickBooks.
- Prepares Subcontractor purchase order daily in QuickBooks.
- Summarizes current financial status by collecting information, preparing outstanding vendor reports.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Subcontractor Management, Review, collects and audit compliance of contracts.
- Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
- Prepares invoices for entry into QuickBooks (approx. 2000 monthly)
- Answer accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
- Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or a related field is preferred but not required
- 2-3 years of AR/AP work experience is required
- Proficiency in QuickBooks or a similar software is a must
- Advanced Proficiency in Excel/SharePoint
- Strong Attention to Detail
- Efficient Time Management Skills
- Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Excellent Verbal/Written Communication Skills
- Ability to read/write/comprehend technical instructions
Rewards and Benefits
PEG LLC offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
Benefits include: • Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance • 2 Weeks PTO & Company Paid Holidays • 401(k) Retirement Plan • Basic Life & Supplemental Life • Short-Term & Long-Term Disability • Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities • Corporate Sponsored Events •
PEG LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.