Chief Digital Officer
1 day left
- Full Time
Chief Digital Officer
As a member of the leadership team in the Office of Marketing and Communications, the Chief Digital Officer is responsible for expanding the visibility and reputation of the University of Maryland regionally, nationally, and globally through digital technologies.
The Chief Digital Officer provides leadership in creating a university-wide integrated web strategy, directs the development and maintenance of the main university website at www.umd.edu. The Chief Digital Officer and her/his team create compelling web content (visual, video and written content) utilizing the resources available throughout the Marketing and Communications unit, which includes video, editorial, design, and photography.
The Chief Digital Officer’s responsibilities include extending the University of Maryland brand reach/message through mobile multimedia content, as well as the use of new media technologies to drive traffic to the university’s site and drive engagement with the university. Key audiences include prospective students, alumni, donors, parents of students, faculty, staff and students. This role tracks the preferences of users for new media technology set to optimize our web marketing strategy based on the latest trends and best practices.
The Chief Digital Officer is responsible for the oversight and management of web properties throughout University Relations, including Giving, the Alumni Association and Riggs Alumni Center websites, Giving Day, and all other external-facing sites. The Chief Digital Officer works closely with campus partners to develop consistent navigation, branding and content to drive engagement and financial support from UMD’s 380,000+ alumni. Additionally, the Chief Digital Officer is responsible for managing high visibility sites that are key to the university’s reputation, including Admissions, Office of the President and the Division of Research.
The Chief Digital Officer provides guidance and builds partnerships with the colleges, schools, and administrative divisions using best practices and ensuring quality and consistency of the University of Maryland brand across campus. The Chief Digital Officer provides in person and/or on-line tutorials and presentations to educate key personnel in using appropriate tools and resources. The Chief Digital Officer also serves as the university’s contact with other University of Maryland System schools, centers and peer universities for web strategies.
The Chief Digital Officer is responsible for the campus-wide search engine. This includes tracking the quality of the search appliance, user search experience and taking necessary steps to optimize the experience of users of umd.edu. The Chief Digital Officer and staff are also responsible for ensuring ongoing compliance with all applicable web accessibility standards and requirements.
The Chief Digital Officer develops in-depth analytic reports and collates data reporting, presenting analysis of campaigns and trends to the university leaders.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.):
B.A./B.S. in related field required.
A minimum of ten years’ experience in planning, creating, writing, and directing digital marketing and communications initiatives, particularly using web, apps, email, or other (digital) channels. Some supervisory experience required.
● Proficiency in digital visual design skills: including an understanding of layout, color, composition and data visualization principles.
● Extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software
● Experience developing and managing content management systems (Craft CMS and Drupal preferred)
● Familiarity with email marketing and automation platforms (including salesforce Marketing Cloud)
● Strong knowledge of Section 508 requirements, WCAG 2.0 accessibility requirements, and SEO analytics.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
● Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects across a variety of media under tight deadlines.
● Ability to manage creative projects involving emerging media through to completion.
● Knowledge of the creative development and production processes for producing interactive and digital media.
● In-depth knowledge of current trends in digital media, Web 2.0, interactive technologies, and video and audio production.
● Excellent interpersonal, critical thinking, and communication skills.
● Ability to express ideas clearly and persuasively and interface with senior leadership, faculty, alumni, donors, and students.
To apply for this position, visit: https://ejobs.umd.edu/postings/91230
For best consideration, qualified applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of at least three professional references as soon as possible, no later than Monday, January 10, 2022