Assistant Vice President of Integrated Marketing and Communications
- Full Time
St. Mary’s College of Maryland at Historic St. Mary’s City is accepting résumés for the position of Assistant Vice President of Integrated Marketing and Communications. The Assistant Vice President of Integrated Marketing and Communications creates and implements a unified and proactive communications agenda aimed at positioning the College favorably in the marketplace. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. The position assists the College reach key strategic goals, leverages mediums and multiple platforms to amplify the College's National Public Honors College brand, provides communications leadership internally and externally, oversees media relations, and develops messaging to attract students, engage alumni and donors, and raise the academic public presence of the College.
Qualifications: The successful candidate must have Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or a related field; a master's degree preferred. Also required is a minimum of seven years of increasingly responsible marketing and communications experience; experience in higher education a plus.
Other qualifications include:
- Demonstrable and substantial experience in developing and executing multichannel marketing campaigns that achieved goals.
- Evidence of being a highly effective communicator with the ability to deliver creative content to diverse audiences; evidence of exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience optimizing content for websites, social media, landing pages and advertisements.
- Media relations experience; experience as a spokesperson a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and supervisory skills in order to work effectively and collaboratively with diverse internal and external populations.
- Hands-on experience in creating and executing video content.
- Proven budget experience including working with vendors and consultants.
- Demonstrated use of metrics to inform decision-making.
- Availability to travel and work outside of standard office hours when necessary.
Any combination of acceptable education and experience, which has provided the necessary knowledge and skills to fulfill the requirements of this position, may be considered. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check and proof of COVID-19 vaccination, medical and religious exemptions will be considered.
Non-sectarian since its founding, St. Mary's College of Maryland, a public Carnegie Baccalaureate, Arts and Sciences institution located in Historic St. Mary's City, 70 miles southeast of Washington, D.C., has been designated as Maryland's public honors college. Undergraduate and residential in nature, with a diverse coeducational student body numbering approximately 1600, St. Mary's emphasizes excellence in teaching. The institution was awarded a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in 1997. The quality of life is enhanced by the recreational opportunities of the Chesapeake region and close proximity to the amenities of Washington D.C., Baltimore and Richmond.
St. Mary’s College (www.smcm.edu) embodies diversity and inclusion in its mission. We create an environment that recognizes the value of individual and group differences and we encourage inquiries from applicants who will contribute to our cultural and ethnic diversity. Application materials should include a cover letter, résumé (including e-mail address), statement of how the applicant’s employment at the College will contribute to a culture of inclusion and campus diversity, and three references and submitted online at: apply.interfolio.com/100621. Questions may be directed to Sandy Abell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Review of résumés will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. St. Mary’s College of Maryland is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
Visit our website: www.smcm.edu/hr