2 days left
- Full Time
The Project Manager will manage projects within National Quality Forum related to quality measure endorsement and maintenance, quality measure alignment, national healthcare priorities, and/or emerging quality initiatives. The person in this role is responsible for day-to-day project management, including managing budgets, resource and labor hour utilization, timelines, and deliverables.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Create comprehensive project plans and timelines to support projects throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Oversee project tasks, budgets, timelines, and resources necessary to ensure the project stays within scope, on time, and within budget.
- Conduct assessments to identify potential risks, escalate risks, and devise plans to mitigate risks in consultation with senior staff.
- Proactively engage teams/stakeholders in project task priority setting and implementation.
- Develop and deliver progress reports and presentations to senior leadership and clients.
- Collaborate with senior managing director and project management team to create and maintain standard operational and project management processes, tools, plans, and templates.
- Develop and deliver staff training related to standard project management processes, as required.
- May take on a more external role in project work to include observing business development calls and assisting with contract management.
- Ensure compliance with project and department standards and procedures.
- Facilitate startup and closeout activities for assigned projects.
- Mentor and coach junior staff.
Bachelor’s degree with minimum 5 years relevant work experience or master’s degree with minimum 3 years relevant work experience
Project Management Professional or other project management certification strongly desired
- Demonstrated success in project management, including managing multiple projects across programs and/or departments
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects throughout all phases in the project management lifecycle
- Experience managing projects with a variety of clients (e.g., government, private sector, non-profit) a plus
- Experience with Smartsheet software a plus
- Experience with process improvement (e.g., Lean, Six Sigma) a plus
- Thorough understanding of standard project management best practices, phases, techniques, and tools
- Proficiency in project planning and tracking, including contributing to budget development and monitoring financial reports, utilization reports, and timelines
- Ability to update, alert, and guide staff in completing tasks according to timeline and budget
- Proficiency in independently identifying and escalating project risks
- Proven ability to identify, clarify, and build in contractual requirements and departmental/ organizational processes into project plans
- Proven ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements at the project, product, or program team level
- Comfort with ambiguity while designing, implementing, and improving new and existing processes and tools
- Proficiency with presentation and communication skills, including meeting facilitation skills and leading portions of external calls or meetings
- Mastery in MS Office Suite
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical demands
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.Work environment
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.
NQF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.