Housing Counseling Services is seeking a licensed social worker (minimum LGSW licensure) to provide intensive services to individuals participating in our agency's transitional housing programs. The social worker will assist clients identify and implement strategies that support long term housing stability as well as provide assistance in their development and implementation of a plan to respond to presenting housing barriers. As appropriate, the social worker will assist clients access available community resources. We are seeking employees who are smart, high energy, committed to helping people to join our housing services delivery team.
- Provide intensive services towards assisting transitional housing clients move to stable long-term/permanent housing opportunities;
- Assist families explore all viable stable housing options including renting, shared housing, and permanent supportive housing options;
- Conduct regular assessment of clients’ needs and barriers. Connect clients with needed support service including financial assistance, food, utilities, clothing, employment training and opportunities, education services, medical care, etc.;
- Advocate on the behalf of clients with landlords, social service agencies, etc.;
- Complete housing plans with clients to detail specific tasks to be accomplished to transition to permanent housing and to prevent future housing crises;
- Develop household budget and personal money management plan with clients that support future housing independence;
- Conduct regular home visits and follow-up with clients to evaluate implementation of housing plan and to provide appropriate technical assistance;.
- May require occasional weekend and evening hours;.
- Maintain accurate written and computer based files;.
- Assist other staff in meeting the needs of HCS clients;
- Perform other HCS tasks as requested.
- LGSW or higher social work licensure;
- Experience and demonstrated success delivering services to at risk populations;
- Ability to work independently and as a team player exercising mature judgment;
- Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to complete multiple tasks in timely manner;
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and able to develop innovate solutions;
- Must demonstrate the ability to communicate with a variety of professionals including doctors, attorneys, and real estate professionals;
- Must maintain and manage confidential information;
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as excellent computer skills;
- Ability to translate technical information into layman’s terms;
- Sensitivity to the needs within the community and to individual clients.
Interested candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be reviewed.