Manager, Financial Analysis
The Manager is responsible for facilitating creation of project budgets and business proposals, supporting development of project and staffing forecasts, and conducting financial analyses for the program area in close partnership with project managers, project teams, and program leadership. The Manager will also work closely with program leadership and NQF’s Finance team to monitor and track project revenue and forecast trends, and manage project-level invoicing. The Manager will liaise with Finance team staff, as needed, to support additional program and project specific financial management and administration efforts. The Manager will also contribute to process improvement, including developing and updating financial management templates and tools, and documenting and streamlining processes.
POSITION DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Gather and analyze financial data/results, monitor variances, identify trends, and make recommendations to program leadership on opportunities to improve financial management activities at the project and program level.
- Prepare accurate internal and/or external financial reports with reliable conclusions on status of projects, emerging trends, and opportunities for improvement.
- Support project-level financial management, including working with project managers to develop and update project specific estimate to complete information; collating forecasted staff utilization; and training and supporting project managers and team leads to accurately forecast project expenditures, managing project level invoices, and coordinating funder required reporting on project level finances.
- Support program-level financial management, including working with program leadership and the Finance team to inform and report on project and program revenue, expenditures, and forecasts
- Collaborate with program staff and leadership, and the Finance team, to support financial aspects of securing new business, including participating in the creation and quality control of budgets, business proposal narratives, or other necessary financial documentation during the business development or proposal process.
- Serve as the liaison between the Finance team and program staff.
- Actively train and coach staff on tracking and forecasting project expenses and staff time.
- Collaborate with program staff to create and maintain standardized financial processes, tools, plans, and templates. Revise existing templates where applicable.
- Perform additional program and project finance tasks as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting and/or finance, CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing budgets, forecasts, and large-scale portfolios or minimum of 3 years of experience with a master’s degree
- Experience with private sector contracting and/or government contracting, including knowledge of indirect rates and Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) strongly preferred
- Experience working with program staff with minimal financial acumen, an asset
- Demonstrated ability with enterprise resource planning (ERP) financial systems and Microsoft (MS) Office suite, especially Excel
- Knowledge of MS Power BI an asset
- Comfort with ambiguity and proficiency with embracing change and adjusting priorities, processes and/or approach as needs dictate
- Willing to assume responsibility, self-starter who can apply new skills quickly
- Ability to assist and guide other team members with minimal financial acumen to execute on project finance-related tasks
- Ability to anticipate challenges and apply well-informed solutions and process improvements
- High attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects and prioritize time effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and internal/external customer service skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
In the primary environment, the noise level is quiet to moderate with ambient room temperatures, lighting, and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
NQF embraces a culture of excellence through multi-stakeholder collaboration. We encourage and empower each employee to prioritize learning and growing by providing them the resources to deliver excellence. At NQF, you will find a fast-paced, challenging, inspiring and rewarding career. Maximize your talent and join a team committed to setting high standards for better healthcare efficacy and delivery.
NQF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/V/D are encouraged to apply.