Howard Community College is proud to have received the Great Colleges to Work For honor for 12 consecutive years, 2009-2020 from The Chronicle of Higher Education.
Howard Community College values diversity among its faculty, staff and student population. We are an innovative institution that is committed to responding to the ever-changing needs and interests of a diverse and dynamic community. No matter where you want to go in your career, you can get there from here!
Clinical Instructor's responsibilities focus on education, supervision, and evaluation of students in clinical settings.
The following activities will be expected
- Demonstrate the principles of image production and positioning in a clinical setting
- Provide direct supervision through one-on-one clinical instruction
- Supervise clinical education for students assigned to a clinical sit
- Complete exam competencies and student evaluations
- Documents student progress as required by program policies, JRCERT standards, and ARRT requirements
- Act as a role model for students and a liaison between the school and clinical sites.
Other duties included are: preparation of teaching materials for clinical courses, participation in Professional Development sessions, participation in Clinical Instructors' meeting, career day presentations, and in-service coordination.
All employees must comply with college's COVID-19 vaccination or testing requirement, regardless of telework status. In instances where employees fail to comply, supervisors will be notified, as failure to comply is a violation of the employee code of conduct. Progressive disciplinary action will be taken, including verbal and written warnings, and up to and including suspension and termination.
- Candidate must possess an associate degree in radiological sciences from a JRCERT accredited program.
- A minimum of two years of experience as Registered Technologist with valid ARRT certification, state of Maryland license, and current CPR are required.
- Good interpersonal skills and independent judgment are necessary.
- This position requires covering variable hours to accommodate program and student needs.
- Teaching experience, proficiency in instructional technology, and pedagogy are preferred qualifications.
- A baccalaureate degree is preferred.
The schedule will vary based on needs of the division. This is a part-time, hourly/temporary position.
Howard Community College (HCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity & Affirmative Action employer & values diversity within its faculty, staff & student population. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.
HCC understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 443-518-1100. The TDD line phone # is: 443-518-4822.
HCC is interested in all qualified applicants who are eligible to work in the United States. However, HCC will generally not sponsor applicants for work visas. Only employees living in states contiguous to Maryland are eligible to work at HCC to include Virginia, West Virginia, Washington DC, Pennsylvania. Candidates must live in the commutable area or willing to relocate at their own expense if offered the position because HCC does not offer relocation benefits.
Please submit the following:
- 1.Completed Application (Candidates will be evaluated on completing the college's application in full)
- Cover Letter
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Copies of official or unofficial transcripts
Documents can only be up to 2 MB in size. Please apply to the link provided