The American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology (ASBMB) is an international nonprofit scientific and educational organization. With over 11,000 members, made up of students, researchers, educators and industry professionals. The ASBMB is one of the largest molecular life science societies in the world.
ASBMB is seeking an accounting assistant to record and process accounts payable, accounts receivable, membership payments and other various accounting related transactions. This person will be a member of the finance team and will work directly with the Organization’s Director of Finance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Record and process vendor invoices and cash disbursements
- Reconcile vendor invoices to the accounts payable aging reports
- File and organize vendor invoices within the current filing system
- Record and process accounts receivable invoices and payments
- Reconcile cash receipts to payment remittance and bank statement transactions
- Post and record membership dues payments via iMIS CRM database
- Record meeting and event registration attendees and related payments
- Assist in the preparation of the Society’s annual Forms 1099
- Maintain and follow internal controls and ensure all proper approvals are documented
Education and Skills:
- Associate’s degree in accounting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are required
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Discretion and confidentiality required
- Must be able to work as part of a team and independently
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role is required
- Experience using an ERP accounting system – Microsoft Dynamics SL or Sage Intacct a plus
- Experience using a CRM system – iMIS is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
This position offers a competitive salary with exceptional benefits that include a 403(b) retirement plan; generous paid time off; medical, dental and vision insurance plans; flexible spending; life and short- and long-term disability insurance. Close to metro and bus service with free parking.
To apply, please go to www.faseb.org/employment. Attach a cover letter with salary requirements and a resume.
To learn more about ASBMB, please visit www.asbmb.org
ASBMB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.