Governance and Strategic Programs Coordinator
Founded in 1912, the Federation of American Societies for Experimental Biology (FASEB) is the nation’s largest coalition of biomedical researchers, representing 29 scientific societies and over 130,000 individual researchers from around the world. FASEB is now recognized as the voice of advocacy for biological and biomedical research scientists.
FASEB seeks a Governance and Strategic Initiatives Coordinator to support its Board of Directors and their programmatic priorities.
Primary Function: This highly visible and mission critical position supports the Director of Governance and Leadership in facilitating the work of FASEB’s Board of Directors, committee, and task forces. The Governance and Strategic Initiatives Coordinator will provide support to the Federations programmatic priorities such as development, awards, DEAI, and DataWorks!.
- Coordinates and provides administrative support to multiple committees, task forces, and FASEB’s DEAI and DataWorks! Programs. This includes scheduling and facilitating videoconferences and preparing background material and analyses.
- Coordinates travel and logistical arrangements for governance meetings and related events: coordinates meeting space, equipment, and catering needs; initiates invitations, maintains invitation lists and responses; processes and tracks necessary orders; and coordinates with on-site coordinator.
- Coordinates financial submissions, prepares, codes and processes invoices, purchase orders, and travel expenses; tracks submissions from travelers and vendors to ensure timely payment of outstanding expenses; and responds to internal inquiries regarding financial submissions.
- Provides general administrative support for FASEB’s governance, awards, DEAI, and DataWorks! Programs. This includes responding to general inquiries from FASEB member societies and the public; updating web pages; maintaining databases, e-mail lists, tracking reports, and electronic files; providing secondary administrator support for online application systems; processing electronic and printed mailings and ad hoc communications; and supporting special projects.
- Backup to the Director of Governance and Leadership Development.
Education and Experience:
- Associate’s or bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 1-3 years’ work experience supporting programs, program managers, or as (or with) volunteers
- Strong interpersonal skills to connect with volunteers and employees of all levels and the ability to quickly identify their needs.
- Discretion and independent judgement.
- Demonstrated experience with program and/or event planning from ideation to execution.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects with minimal oversight in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and process driven.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- Proficient in Zoom.
- Required to work limited flexible hours (evenings and weekends), as needed.
This is a full-time, exempt position. FASEB offers exceptional benefits including professional development opportunities, 403(b) retirement, medical, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, ten paid holidays, annual leave, sick leave, short- and long-term disability, and free parking.
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland, within walking distance to the Metro and major bus lines. Two to three days remote work will be considered. At this time our staff is working remotely.
For more information and to apply, visit http://www.faseb.org/employment.
Please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Individuals with disabilities:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, please contact FASEB’s Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
To learn more about FASEB, please visit https://www.faseb.org
FASEB is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.