Program Director of Alumni Sponsorships & Business Development
The Program Director of Alumni Sponsorships & Business Development is responsible for driving growth in non-dues revenue by leveraging existing business and effectively managing the sales pipeline. This includes lead generation, relationship-building, qualification and closing sales. This person will manage a broad product portfolio of approximately $500,000, including but not limited to, sponsorships, advertising, merchandise, the Alumni Travel program.
Responsibilities for developing and maintaining the strategy for non-dues revenue include but are not limited to:
- Prospect and acquire a portfolio of sponsorship and advertising clients for the association, managing digital, print and event assets. Forge relationships with clients and create multi-year agreements to provide a steady pipeline of clients.
- Develop proposals, presentations and contracts for clients.
- Develop and design sponsorship packages, including inventory, packaging and pricing.
- Host and manage sponsor participation at Association events, anticipate sponsor requirements and coordinate with the Association engagement team. Assist with the development of marketing, promotional and advertising materials.
- Develop annual budgets and forecast sales and expenses.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight of the Association’s affinity partnerships as well as identify new opportunities for growth.
Alumni Travel Program
- Oversee the Alumni Travel program to include evaluation of contract agreements with tour operators, selection of appropriate tours and ensure contract deliverables are met.
- Develop a segmented marketing plan to promote travel to various targeted audiences through digital marketing, direct mail, website and other marketing channels.
- Oversee customer service to include client inquiries, and pre/post travel communication with clients.
- Collaborate with the Office of Strategic Communications on the annual travel brochure.
- Oversee association merchandise program. Identify products and e-commerce opportunities needed to ensure product goals are met.
Education (include licenses, certifications, etc.): Bachelor’s degree required.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in sponsorship sales or business development in a non-profit, corporate or higher education setting. Proven success and sustained growth in ongoing revenue programs required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Independent and strategic thinker capable of understanding the full scope of projects while seeing individual tasks through to completion.
- Strong relationship building, networking, stakeholder engagement, adaptability, negotiation, contract execution and strategic visioning skills.
- Knowledgeable of direct and e-marketing, online communication and marketing using social media.
- Project oriented, able to handle several tasks simultaneously; possess an ability to prioritize multiple tasks under pressure while managing deadlines.
- Committed to taking a team approach within departmental, divisional and organizational settings.
- Superb interpersonal and customer service skills, and the ability to have great working relationships (internally and externally) that result in high customer and staff satisfaction and appreciation for the institution and the Alumni Association.
- Ability to identify, review and select vendors as needed.
- Experience working with Google Suite and Zoom.
- Experience working within a CRM database.