DEI Data Analyst
The Office of Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Respect (DEIR) is the central hub at the American Chemical Society that coordinates, supports, and guides all efforts by staff, members, and governance toward Strategic Goal #5, “Embrace and Advance Inclusion in Chemistry.” The Office of DEIR at ACS is committed to empowering everyone, irrespective of lived experience, to fully participate in the chemistry enterprise. In doing so, the Office of DEIR will ensure that the organization upholds its mission “to advance the broader chemistry enterprise and its practitioners for the benefit of Earth and its people.”
Reporting to the VP of the Office of DEIR, the DEIR Data Analyst will collect, manage and interpret demographics data and offer data-driven pathways toward achieving ACS Strategic Goal #5.
This role will focus on data management for the Office of DEIR, which includes assisting all members of the team with making data-driven decisions. This role will also be responsible for managing the Portfolio Management Evaluation process for the Office which will include developing appropriate KPIs and monitoring the progress. The DEIR Data Analyst must be passionate about data and applying analytical methods while simultaneously understanding the environmental context in order to arrive at a solution. The role will also help to identify opportunities for program pivots, changes or opportunities to revamp based on analysis and feedback.
- Responsible for the data and program analytics for the Office of DEIR such as managing and cleaning data to prepare for analysis, review, or reporting and providing support to the Office of DEIR staff for these tasks.
- Manages the Portfolio Evaluation process for the Office of DEIR. Assists with the development and tracking of KPIs as well as providing programmatic recommendations based on trend data.
- Support the building of or upgrading of databases within the Office of DEIR to monitor constituent engagement.
- Serves as the Office of DEIR liaison to units, such as IT, the Research and Decision Support Office and the ACS data project
- Apply knowledge in data architecture and data analysis to establish a data analytics end-to-end process including querying data, integrating internal and external data, cleansing data, discovering trends and relationships, hypothesizing and telling stories, drawing insights, and recommending solutions.
- Understand and communicate trends in demographics data using visualization tools
- Manage demographics data program and resources
- Problem solver and able to quickly make sense of complex data issues
- Teamwork and collaboration skills with cross functional teams
- Advanced proficiency in SQL or Python skills in creating queries, writing reports and presenting findings
- Proficiency in visualization tools, like Tableau
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to senior leaders and stakeholders
- Attention to detail, time management, strong multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to learn and expand in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in physical sciences or data science; or 6 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 3 years of experience; or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in Data Analyst role including data analysis, data mining and providing insights
- Diversity & Inclusion domain experience is preferred
- Position located in either Washington, DC or Columbus, OH
- Business travel ranges from 10% to 25% depending on business needs