MT Multi Trades Chief III
MT Multi Trades Chief III
Under the general supervision of the Facilities Manager, the incumbent is responsible for performing the tasks associated with accomplishing the goals of the department and the mission of the Universities at Shady Grove which is operating and maintaining an environment that is safe and environmentally friendly. The responsibility of this position is to provide upon request assistance and to coordinate technical maintenance work and various installation services rendered by skilled, semi-skilled and unskilled service trades (plumbing, carpentry, electrical and mechanical). The incumbent would be responsible for troubleshooting and resolving problem-related to general facility maintenance and repair. Assist supervisory staff with various administrative tasks relative to work orders and maintaining operational documentation, work files, monitoring work performed by contractual staff to ensure compliance with contractual obligations, adherence to safety or work standards and institutional or department policy and procedures. This position would be required to either work 7:00 am – 3:30 pm, 10:00 am – 6:30 pm, or 1:30 pm – 10:00 pm.
* High School diploma/GED required.
* Six years progressively responsible experience in the trade(s) where assigned to include at least two years in a lead or supervisory capacity.
* Experience in a Facilities/Lab maintenance, multi-facility environment desired, Construction, Warranty Building systems, Building maintenance
* Experience with energy management system Siemens A PLUS
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Comprehensive knowledge of and skill in the methods and techniques of the trade(s) where assigned; of the OSHA regulations related to the trade(s) area. Thorough knowledge of and skill in the practical application of electronics, hydraulics, and mechanics as used in maintenance work; of basic mathematics including area, volume, weights and the practical application of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions; of the care and storage of equipment and supplies used in the area where assigned. General knowledge of the principles of supervision in the maintenance trades. Skill in the use and maintenance of the tools and equipment of the trade(s) where assigned. Ability to read, interpret, and work from blueprints, schematics, drawings, and specifications; to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; to lead and train skilled and unskilled employees in assigned trade(s) work; to prepare summaries and reports; to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment and machinery; to work from ladders and scaffolding; to manipulate heavy equipment, tools, and supplies and/or exert force up to 70 lbs.; to concurrently manipulate multiple controls on machinery and equipment; to work in hazardous or irritating environments, confined spaces, and adverse weather or temperature conditions; to wear and work in personal protective equipment.
* Must maintain a valid class “C” Maryland License or equivalent with less than 6 points.
* Must possess the ability to work in, on, around, over and under fixed equipment and machinery; work from ladders and scaffolding; manipulate heavy equipment and exert force up to 70 lbs.; work in hazardous or irritating environment; wear and work in personal protective equipment, confined spaces, and adverse weather and temperature conditions.
* This position is considered “Essential Personnel" subject to 24-hour 7 days/week span of operations. Work is generally performed during normal working hours, however, it is expected that those in this position work whenever necessary to ensure the facility is running safely and efficiently at all times. After hours emergency calls expected, 12- month flexible work schedule, Evening shift.
To apply for this position, please visit https://ejobs.umd.edu