Business Process Analyst III/Senior
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a SAP Business Process Analyst III/Senior. Serve as a primary functional analyst for one or more areas/solutions. Provide internal customer support by ensuring user requirements are understood, communicated, and appropriately acted upon. Aced as an expert-level knowledge resource; monitor system operations and performance; troubleshoot application problems; and identify, design, and implement resolutions to system problems and enhancements.
Essential functions include:
- Leverage business process and application experience and knowledge to support best practices with proven understanding of process integration within the SAP landscape
- Identify, analyze, and define system and process problems, documenting the requirements of all involved groups.
- Recommend and implement problem resolutions, whether a system change request, software upgrade request, business work-around, or business process change.
- Present solutions option to internal customers of all levels, facilitating discussions across teams to ensure everyone understands the impacts of the options and buys-in to the decisions that are made.
- Provide end user documentation and training on new features
- Work on special projects, as assigned.
- Keep up to date on system features and upgrades
- Perform short and long-term technology planning and assessments of the impact of technology upgrades.
- Develop functional specifications for system enhancements and modifications
- Act as project manager with vendors and internal resources
- Maintain system support documentation
- Plan, schedule, and monitor the development and testing of software modifications/changes, adjusting work to achieve desired outcomes
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
- Possession of an associate’s degree in information systems, computer science, business or related field, and 6 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment; or possession of a bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, business or related field, and 4 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment; or master’s degree in information systems, computer science, business or related field, and 2 years of analysis experience in a complex information systems environment; or any equivalent combination of education, experience, training and related knowledge.
- At least three (3) years ERP system configuration experience and support. SAP experience preferred.
- At least six (6) years’ experience in business analysis, requirements elicitation/documentation, application support and systems testing, IIBA-CBAP/PMI-PBA certification a plus.
- At least three (3) years managing IT projects of various sizes
- Experience with mobile solutions and/or map-based solutions desired
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Proven ability to analyze business problems, work collaboratively in cross-functional teams, and present data in a clear and concise manner
- Excellent customer service and communications skills
- Focused and driven to excellence to ensure quality of deliverables
- Must pass a controlled substance (drug) test for employment.
- Fairfax Water requires new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exceptions.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.