Production Applications Specialist III
Fairfax Water has an immediate opening for a Production Applications Specialist III. This position will be a super user and will serve as a mid-level knowledge resource for end users of SAP, SharePoint, Office 365 and other software and will identify and implement functional resolutions to system problems and enhancements.
Essential functions include:
- Supports end users with SAP, SharePoint, Office 365 and other software, acting as a mid-level system and process knowledge resource.
- Identifies, analyzes, and defines system and process problems, and coordinates with users.
- Assists in developing a course of action to resolve problems, working closely with IT, partner organizations, and product vendors, as needed.
- Recommends and implements problem resolutions, whether a system change request or business work-around.
- Assists in identifying the impact of problems and their resolution and determining an appropriate priority.
- Notifies end users of problems and changes.
- Designs reports, forms, and system features.
- Maintains data configuration to support storage and reporting.
- Maintains system support documentation.
- Seven years of progressive experience in the use of complex systems and software or a Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from an accredited college or university may be substituted for experience. Candidates should have a thorough proficiency in the support of software.
- Position may be located at either Corbalis Water Treatment Plant, Herndon, VA or Griffith Water Treatment Plant, Lorton, VA
- Hybrid work schedule available for the right candidate.
About Fairfax Water
Fairfax Water is a respected leader in the drinking water industry, supplying drinking water to nearly two million people in the communities of Fairfax, Loudoun, Prince William, Herndon, Vienna, Alexandria, Falls Church, and Fairfax City. We are Virginia’s largest water utility and one of the 25 largest water utilities in the country, serving one of every five Virginians who obtain their water from public utilities. We aim to uphold customer trust by providing water of exceptional quality and reliability at a reasonable price, supporting the high quality of life and economic vitality of Northern Virginia.
To review the full requirements for the position please go to our website at www.fairfaxwater.org and apply online. Fairfax Water offers competitive salaries as well as a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent health insurance, tuition reimbursement, flexible spending accounts, and a defined benefit retirement plan.