Public Health Manager
Title: Public Health Manager, Evidence-Based Practices
Organization: Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America (CADCA)
Address: 500 Montgomery Street, Suite 400, Alexandria, VA 22314
Department: Geographic Health Equity Alliance (www.geohealthequity.org)
Reports to: Director, Geographic Health Equity Alliance
Position Summary: The Public Health Manager is a full-time position that will serve as an integral team member of CADCA’s Geographic Health Equity Alliance (GHEA). The position’s primary responsibility will be to lead GHEA’s efforts to document and disseminate culturally adapted evidence-based and promising practices from across the United States that support populations disproportionately affected by commercial tobacco use and commercial tobacco-related cancers.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in public health, experience developing case studies and summarizing evidence, and a history of producing widely disseminated written public health documents.
How to Apply (Important!): To be considered for this position, please email your application to email@example.com, with your full name and “Public Health Manager” in the subject line. Applications must include a 1.) resume, 2.) cover letter, and 3.) writing sample. We will not accept applications submitted through job posting websites, and incomplete applications will not be considered. We are seeking to quickly fill this position and will be conducting interviews on a rolling basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Play a key role in the implementation and development of the Geographic Health Equity Alliance, a national network project funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to reduce place-based health disparities related to commercial tobacco-use and cancer.
- Lead efforts of the GHEA team to conduct an environmental scan of culturally adapted evidence-based and promising practices that support rural and other geographically defined populations disproportionately affected by commercial tobacco use and commercial tobacco-related cancers.
- Lead efforts and partner with the CDC to develop a centralized compendium of culturally adapted evidence-based and “promising practices”
- Support the GHEA team in coordinating and delivering training and technical assistance to state-level National Tobacco Control Programs (NTCP) and National Comprehensive Cancer Control Programs (NCCCP) on implementing culturally adapted evidence-based and promising practices.
Required Experience, Skills, Training or Credentials:
- Master’s degree or higher in public health or relevant discipline is required.
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly related to public health and supporting and evaluating policy, systems, and environmental change strategies.
- Exceptional professional and public health writing skills, with experience documenting case studies and promising practices.
- Highly experienced with project planning: developing project outcome measures, tracking progress and status, and evaluating outcomes.
Salary and Benefits:
This is a full-time position based in Alexandria, VA, just outside of Washington DC. Our new state-of-the art office in Old Town Alexandria is currently open, and our staff currently have the option to telework or work in-person. Residency in the Washington D.C. Metropolitan area is required for this position. Salary is starting at $72,000 commensurate with experience.
We offer a strong benefits package, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Employer-subsidized individual and family wellness programs (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer matching
- Separate vacation and sick leave plus 14 holidays
- Paid Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance
- Flexible spending account (FSA)
- Professional development support and tuition reimbursement
Apply for Public Health Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly