U.S. District Court
The position is located in the Clerk’s Office of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division. The Case Manager maintains the official case events summary on the docket from opening to final disposition. Performs quality control of all assigned electronic cases within established time frame.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform quality control of incoming documents for conformity with rules, assign cases to judges, open civil and criminal cases, scan and convert documents into pdf files.
• Make summary entries of documents and proceedings on the automated docket.
• Link case entries for proper case management and maintain the official case records from the opening through final disposition.
• Close cases upon receipt of terminating documents.
• Transmit appeals to the Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and the Federal Circuit.
• Assists the public by answering inquiries on the status of cases and providing procedural information to pro se litigants in person and by telephone.
• Provides case information to judges, court staff and attorneys.
This position is full-time with benefits. Please review the full job announcement and application procedures on our website at https://www.vaed.uscourts.gov/jobs