Junior Communications Specialist/Web Developer
Tetra Tech is seeking a Junior Communications Specialist/Web Developer to support communications, web development, and training activities in support of environmental and emergency management-related programs, including projects supporting climate change programs and initiatives. The position involves working in a fast-paced, team environment to support and the needs of multiple clients and projects.
Discover your full potential. At Tetra Tech, we are collaborating with industry-leading experts for a sustainable future for our world. We combine consulting and engineering with advanced analytics and technology to solve the world’s most complex challenges. Our innovation hubs across the globe will enable you to share ideas and best practices while growing your professional network. Wherever you are in your career journey, you will benefit from working with world-class engineers, scientists, and technical specialists.
Apply today and join the company that is Leading with Science®.
The successful candidate will be tasked with implementing communications and training strategies using online tools and web design and development best practices.
The position duties will include:
- developing and maintaining websites
- developing and posting information to content management systems (CMS)
- developing training courses
- supporting social media accounts
- generating and analyzing usage data
- responding to requests for information
- preparing design documentation for projects
Experience developing videos and graphics for sharing on the web is a plus. The successful candidate will also support experienced online training experts and be willing to learn software tools such as Articulate Storyline and Visual Studio. Must be a strong team player, willing to research and ask questions to learn new techniques. Willingness to learn new skills is a must.
- Applied experience using HTML and CSS for web development is preferred.
- Candidates will be asked to provide examples of websites they have built. Static websites are acceptable, but dynamic (data-driven content, forms, interactive design elements) are desirable.
- Candidates will be asked to provide a short writing sample.
- Experience with DreamWeaver or similar HTML editor is preferable.
- Experience with rapid prototyping tools like Bootstrap is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of, academic excellence in, and desire to pursue a career in online communications, web development or a related field strongly preferred;
- Clear and effective communications skills;
- Consistently strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow through required;
- Strong interpersonal skills, energy, and an enthusiastic collaborator; and
- Ability to remain poised and focused in a fast-paced environment.
- Candidate must be fluent in English and able to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Must be able to manage time well and work on multiple tasks as part of larger project teams.
- Candidate should be self-motivated and able to take directions and work independently.
Education and Certifications:
Bachelor’s degree in relevant field with coursework in web development, computer sciences, or related courses required
Candidate must be able to sit or stand at a desk/computer in an office environment for office-based tasks.
We are a building a tight-knit team that is excited about working together to develop new opportunities and successes for the team. Therefore, everyone on our team is critical. We work hard to support each other, and lean on each other to develop new skills and succeed as a team. We have high expectations for professional development - we want everyone to build their skills and interests through day-to-day experience and curiosity to learn more.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees—21,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Explore our open positions at https://www.tetratech.com/careers. Follow us on social media to learn more about our people, culture, and opportunities:
Tetra Tech is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity, inclusion, and equity are among Tetra Tech’s core values. Throughout our history, the company has prioritized equitable inclusion of all people. All qualified candidates will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, military or veteran status, gender, age, disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information and any other characteristics protected by the law. We invite resumes from all interested parties. Please visit our website at www.tetratech.com to see the array of diverse services and exciting projects we are currently working on.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor, and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please no phone calls or agencies.