Executive Assistant to the Director General, IFPRI/Global Director, Systems Transformation, CGIAR
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is seeking an experienced administrative candidate to serve as Executive Assistant to the IFPRI Director General (DG)/CGIAR Global Director of Systems Transformation. The Executive Assistant will be responsible for day-to-day administration and operational needs of the Director General/Global Director.
This is a one-year, full-time, exempt, renewable appointment based in IFPRI’s headquarters in Washington, DC.
- Serves as the primary contact to the Director General/Global Director of Systems Transformation on activities and responds to internal and external inquiries.
- Communicates effectively and frequently with a variety of people, both internal and external.
- Drafts letters, memos, emails and other correspondence on behalf of the DG/Global Director, Systems Transformation
- Interprets and applies administrative procedures; takes initiative and makes timely informed decisions and recommendations related to administrative matters for the DG/Global Director Systems Transformation.
- Maintains a master calendar of events and daily log of activities; arranges meetings, appointments, travel schedules, and manages logistic details.
- Assists with planning and managing special functions and events.
- Effectively organizes work to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five years of relevant experience, or an associate's degree plus seven years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communications in English and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact effectively with individuals from different cultures and backgrounds
- Demonstrated experience handling confidential matters
- Demonstrated proficiency with computers: Experience with MS Office, especially Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage multiple competing priorities and keep track of many details.
- Must exhibit polished customer service skills to be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, including board members and external contacts.
- Efficient, flexible and able to quickly adapt and adjust work to resolve pressing issues.
Physical Demand & Work environment:
- Employee will sit in an upright position for a long period of time with little opportunity to move/stretch
- Employee will lift between 0-10pounds
- Employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing computer terminal; extensive reading
The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI) is an equal employment opportunity employer - F/M/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.