Civil Utility Estimator
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Analyze drawings, specifications, and other documents to create quotes and timely bid on open jobs for underground utility work, site preparation, grading, conduit install, duct bank, dry utilities, and others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain a high standard of professionalism and ethical behavior when representing the company.
- The candidate will be an independent worker with the ability to read and interpret civil and mechanical technical documents (plans/drawings and specifications) and provide a list of materials (“take-off”) and quotations from such data to contractors.
- Analyze drawings, specifications, proposals, and other documentation to prepare time, cost, and labor estimate for projects.
- Perform portions of estimates for multi-discipline projects including scope determinations and accurate quantity survey.
- Review total estimate to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation.
- Research and promote continuous improvement in developing more efficient estimating methods.
- Must be highly organized and able to manage crucial deadlines.
- Examine construction sites and observe unusual or challenging conditions.
- MUST have 3 years of Dry Utility Estimating experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to either lead or be a part of a team for multiple projects at any one given time.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of computers and experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Must be detail oriented, technically sound, and have good communication skills.
- Familiar with local building codes and suppliers.
- Solid math and writing skills.
- Experience with B2W Estimating Software preferred.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, construction management, or related degree preferred, but will substitute for experience.
- Field experience is desirable.
- Estimating experience on public works projects is desirable.
Apply for Civil Utility Estimator
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly