Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness (CREC)–Arlington, VA (partial remote temporarily due to COVID) is a non-profit organization founded to provide policymakers with the information needed to formulate and execute innovative, regional, job-creating economic development strategies in the US.
The Graphic/Instructional Designer will reporting to the curriculum and training team lead in supporting the development of innovative training programs, including the creation of asynchronous, blended, and live, instructor-led training curriculum. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with graphic and video design skills who is eager to enter the field of instructional design and eLearning development. Strong project and relationship management skills are required, as well as the ability to work independently.
- Serve as an in-house curriculum consultant and developer, supporting training across different client groups, under the supervision of the instructional design team lead.
- Provide graphic design services (e.g., producing visual aids, designing original icon sets, creating custom motion graphics, and editing videos) in support of curriculum development and promotion.
- Organize workflow for multiple training/eLearning projects, from initial design and prototyping stages to completion.
- Design and develop curricula and other learning solutions in multiple formats (e.g., diagrams and other visual aids, instructional videos, SCORM-based eLearning modules, animated demonstrations, PowerPoint presentations, and supplemental learning resources).
- Determine and implement appropriate learning strategies and approaches for diverse audiences.
- Provide editing and quality control for training deliverables and communications.
- Other duties as assigned.
The designer should demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, including grammar, mechanics, standard usage, and punctuation as well as highly effective time and project management skills, with the ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, and implement multiple projects. Permission to work in the U.S. required.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Preference will be given to bilingual, Spanish-speaking candidates.
- Demonstrated visual design skills (whether from academic coursework, volunteer work, or professional experience).
- Ability to work cross-functionally with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), multiple teams, and stakeholders-soliciting and incorporating feedback to make necessary changes.
- Proficiency using graphic design tools (Snagit, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Proficiency editing and producing professional-quality videos (Camtasia, Premiere Pro, After Effects).
- Basic familiarity with learning management systems (LMSs) such as Moodle and Canvas.
Benefits: CREC provides medical, dental, and vision insurance and a Health Savings Account, paid Federal Holidays, Paid Time Off Leave accrual, contributions to a company 401k Retirement Savings Plan, plus special leave for the end-of-year holiday season.
Interested in joining us? Send a resume, cover letter, writing sample, and graphic design sample to email@example.com.